This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integration of Vehicle Performance and Fuel Economy Software with Military Ground Vehicle Mission Assessment Tools
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A simulation approach is defined that integrates a military mission assessment tool (One Semi-Automated Forces) with a commercial automotive control/energy consumption development tool (Autonomie). The objective is to enable vehicle energy utilization and fuel consumption impact assessments relative to US Army mission effectiveness and commercial drive cycles. The approach to this integration will be described, along with its potential to meet its objectives.
CitationMichaels, L., Adams, C., and Juskiewicz, M., "Integration of Vehicle Performance and Fuel Economy Software with Military Ground Vehicle Mission Assessment Tools," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0314, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0314.
- INCOSE SE Vision 2020 INCOSE-TP-2004-004-02 Sept. 2007
- Final Report Model Based Engineering (MBE) Subcommittee NDIA Systems Engineering Division M&S Committee Feb. 2011 Oct. 2015 http://www.ndia.org/Divisions/Divisions/SystemsEngineering/Documents/Committees/M_S%20Committee/2011/February/NDIA-SE-MS_2011-02-15_Bergenthal.pdf
- Post K. , Walley , G. , and Che , J. Integrating Descriptive Models Within an Analytical Culture - Lessons Learned at Ford INCOSE IW 2014/MBSE Workshop Jan. 2014
- Tillman , F.A. , Lie , C.H. , and Hwang , C.L. Simulation Model of Mission Effectiveness for Military Systems IEEE Transactions on Reliability R-27 3 191 194 Aug. 1978
- ADRP 3-0 Unified Land Operations Headquarters, Department of the Army May 2012 Oct. 2015 http://armypubs.army.mil/doctrine/DR_pubs/dr_a/pdf/adrp3_0.pdf
- Program Executive Office (PEO) Simulation, Training, & Instrumentation (STRI) Oct. http://www.peostri.army.mil/PRODUCTS/ONESAF/
- Halbach , S. , Sharer , P. , Pagerit , S. , Rousseau , A. et al. Model Architecture, Methods, and Interfaces for Efficient Math-Based Design and Simulation of Automotive Control Systems SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0241 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0241
- Vijayagopal , R. , Michaels , L. , Rousseau , A. , Halbach , S. et al. Automated Model Based Design Process to Evaluate Advanced Component Technologies SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0936 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0936
- Michaels , L. , Pagerit , S. , Rousseau , A. , Sharer , P. et al. Model-Based Systems Engineering and Control System Development via Virtual Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-2325 2010 10.4271/2010-01-2325
- Michaels , L. and Kropinski , M. Development of Production Control Algorithms for Hybrid Electric Vehicles by Using System Simulation: Technology Leadership Brief SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-9008 2012 10.4271/2012-01-9008