This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SUV Solar Roof with Photo-Thermal Effect for Ventilation ORC System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Organic Rankine Cycle System (ORC) is an effective means to use the solar energy. The system adopts the solar energy on the car roof as the heat source to make the ORC work and drive the thermoelectric air-conditioner. It can improve the entering comfort on the parking condition and the vehicle energy utilization efficiency. In this research, the system comprehensively applied the principle of sunshine concentration, heat collection and photo electricity. Then considering the working condition and performance features of ORC system, the car roof was designed to have a compact structure, through which the efficiency of the solar vehicle system could be improved. Firstly, the research analyzed the heat source temperature and the heat flux impact on the output power of the ORC system. After that, the performance of heat collection was identified according to the given thermoelectric air-condition’s power requirements. After building the model of three kinds of solar collectors, through the analysis and frequency division utilization of it, the basic requirements about stable output power by the solar energy could meet on the condition of different illumination. By the research and analysis, the ORC system could run normally and the output power was changed by sunlight’s condition with a certain scope of illuminance and a certain incident angle. Besides, the use of roof’s solar power could supply energy for a part of vehicle’s electric system and reduce energy consumption.
- Haobo Xu - Heli Special Auto. Manufacture Co., Ltd
- Ruobing Zhan - Wuhan University of Technology
- Gangfeng Tan - Wuhan University of Technology
- Bo Yang - Wuhan University of Technology
- Zhiwei Zhang - Wuhan University of Technology
- Tie Wang - Wuhan University of Technology
- Cenyi Liu - Wuhan University of Technology
- Xintong Wu - Wuhan University of Technology
- Yanjun Ren - Wuhan University of Technology
CitationZhan, R., Tan, G., Yang, B., Zhang, Z. et al., "SUV Solar Roof with Photo-Thermal Effect for Ventilation ORC System," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0240, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0240.
- Wu , Gu. Yiwu , Yanjie W. , Shilie W. , W. 2008 Thermal Analysis of Low Temperature Organic Power Generation System
- Enhua , Wang Performance study of a Bottoming Organic Rankle Cycle for Waste Heat Recovery of Automotive Engine [D] Beijing Beijing University of Technology 2013
- Shumeng , Zhou Optimization and Matching Analysis of Pinch Point Temperature Difference in Evaporator and Condenser for Organic Rankine Cycle System [D] Chongqing Chongqing University 2014
- Xu Li , LI Xin , YUAN Guo-Feng , SUN Fei-Hu , MA Xing-Liang , YAN Zhong The Influence of Solar Position Upon the Running Parabolic Trench Solar Collector System 2013
- Wang , C. , Tan , G. , Guo , X. , Tian , Z. et al. The Energy Management for Solar Powered Vehicle Parking Ventilation System SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Electron. Electr. Syst. 8 2 244 254 2015 10.4271/2015-01-0149
- Shen , X. , Tan , G. , Zhou , Q. , Yang , Z. et al. The Organic Medium Physical State Analysis for Engine Exhaust Thermal Recovery SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1610 2015 10.4271/2015-01-1610
- Wang Jinping , Wang Jun , Zhang Yaoming et al. Analysis of heat transfer characteristics for parabolic trench solar collector[J] Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering (Transactions of the CSAE) 2015 31 7 185 192
- Lu Yu , Yu Hongwen , Ding Haicheng , Zhang Yanti , Liu Zongming Mathematical Modeling and Simulation of Thermal Properties of Flat-late Solar Collector