This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Testing of Real-Time Criteria in ISO 26262 Related Projects - Maximizing Productivity Using a Certified COTS Test Automation Tool
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Increasing productivity along the development and verification process of safety-related projects is an important aspect in today’s technological developments, which need to be ever more efficient. The increase of productivity can be achieved by improving the usability of software tools and decreasing the effort of qualifying the software tool for a safety-related project.
For safety-critical systems, the output of software tools has to be verified in order to ensure the tools’ suitability for safety-relevant applications. Verification is particularly important for test automation tools that are used to run hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) tests of safety-related software automatically 24/7. This qualification of software tools requires advanced knowledge and effort. This problem can be solved if a tool is suitable for developing safety-related software. This paper explains how this can be achieved for a COTS test automation tool.
Maximizing the productivity of a software tool’s use involves more than just considering the pre-qualification of the tool in accordance to safety standards. Enhancements in the tool’s usability can also increase the productivity. Test automation tools usually let users develop tests by dragging blocks that define test steps. Signal-based tests are an advancement of this method, which is described in this paper. The aim of signal-based testing is to define test descriptions as if sketching graphs on a sheet of paper with a plotter-like editor to intuitively describe stimulus signals and reference signals as a sequence of signal segments, thereby lowering the initial hurdle towards setting up an efficient test automation.
CitationHimmler, A., Lamberg, K., Schulze, T., and Stavesand, J., "Testing of Real-Time Criteria in ISO 26262 Related Projects - Maximizing Productivity Using a Certified COTS Test Automation Tool," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0139, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0139.
- dSPACE GmbH AutomationDesk - Safety Manual 2015
- - Test Automation Software 2015
- dSPACE GmbH TÜV SÜD certifies AutomationDesk according to the ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 standards dSPACE Magazin 2015
- Duisberg , A. ISO 26262 - A reliable standard from a product liability viewpoint? 4. Euroforum Jahrestagung Stuttgart 12 - 14. September 2012
- Euro NCAP. 23 10 2015 http://www.euroncap.com/en
- Gesetz über die Haftung für fehlerhafte Produkte (Produkthaftungsgesetz - ProdHafG) 1989
- Himmler , A. , Lamberg , K. , Beine , M. Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing in the Context of ISO 26262 SAE Paper 2012
- IEC 61508 Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems. International Standard, International Electrotechnical Commission 2010
- ISO 26262 2011 Road Vehicles - Functional Safety. International Standard, International Organization for Standardization 2011
- ISO 26262-8 ISO 26262-8 International Standard Road Vehicles - Functional Safety - Part 8: Supporting Process 2011
- Klindt , T. Haftungsrechtliche Wirkung von technischen Normen Euroforum-Konferenz ISO 26262 2014
- Krügel , K. , Sänger , N. , Horyds , G. , Deutenberg , G. Innovative Stragetgies for validation and testing in Function Development IAV Symposium 2014
- Lamberg , K. Using dSPACE AutomationDesk for Safety-Related Applications 2011
- Rasche , R. , Brückner , C. , Neumerkel , D. Ready, Set, Go! Measuring, Mapping and Managing with XIL API 2.0 ASAM INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, Dec. 03 - 04, 2013, Dresden, Germany Dresden, Germany 03-04. December 2013