This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Knock Feature Extraction in Spark Ignition Engines Using EEMD-Hilbert Transform
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper reports an investigation of knock detection in spark ignition (SI) engines using EEMD-Hilbert transform based on the engine cylinder block vibration signals. Ensemble Empirical Mode Decomposition (EEMD) was used to de-compose the signal and detect knock characteristic. Hilbert transform was used to analysis the frequency information of knock characteristics. The result shows that for cylinder block vibration signals, the EEMD algorithm could extract the knock characteristic (include light knock), and the Hilbert transform result shows that the instantaneous of knock characteristics concentrate in 5000-10000Hz. At last, the knock window is then determined, based on which a new knock intensity evaluation factor K is proposed, and the results show that, the parameter K is reasonable and effective.
CitationBi, F., Ma, T., and Zhang, J., "Knock Feature Extraction in Spark Ignition Engines Using EEMD-Hilbert Transform," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0087, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0087.
- Enzo , Galloni Dynamic knock detection and quantification in a spark ignition engine by means of a pressure based method. Energy Conversion & Management 64 12 256 262 2012
- Li Wei , Wang Ying , Zhou Longbao and Su Ling Study on improvement of fuel economy and reduction in emissions for stoichiometric gasoline engines Applied Thermal Engineering 27 S17-18 2919 2923 2007
- Zhen Xudong , Wang Yang , Xu Shuaiqing , Zhu Yongsheng et al. The engine knock analysis - An overview Applied Energy 92 2 628 636 2012
- Ni Li , Jian-guo Yang and Rui Zhou Gasoline engine knock feature extraction based on ensemble empirical mode decomposition Journal of Mechanical Engineering 51 2 2015
- Lee , J. , Hwang , S. , Lim , J. , Jeon , D. et al. A New Knock-Detection Method using Cylinder Pressure, Block Vibration and Sound Pressure Signals from a SI Engine SAE Technical Paper 981436 1998 10.4271/981436
- Kearney , M. Knock Signal Conditioning Using the Discrete Fourier Transform and Variable Detection Window Length SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1509 2007 10.4271/2007-01-1509
- Vulli S , Dunne J F , Potenza R , Richardson et.al Time-frequency analysis of single-point engine-block vibration measurements for multiple excitation-event identification journal of sound and vibration 321 S3-5 1129 1143 2009
- Mautes , A. E. M. , Müller , M. , Cortbus , F. , Schwerdtfeger , K. et al. Time-frequency subspace detectors and application to knock detection Acta Neurochirurgica 53 6 379 385 2000
- Antoni J , Daniere J , Guillet F Effective vibration analysis of IC engines using cyclostationarity. Part I-A methodology for condition monitoring Journal of Sound and Vibration 257 5 815 37 2002
- Chang J , Kim M , Min K Detection of misfire and knock in spark ignition engines by wavelet transform of engine block vibration signals Measurement. Science and Technology 13 7 1108 1114 2002
- Zhang Z , Tomita E Knocking detection using wavelet instantaneous correlation method JSAE Review 23 4 443 449 2002
- Borg , J. , Saikalis , G. , Oho , S. , and Cheok , K. Knock Signal Analysis Using the Discrete Wavelet Transform SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0226 2006 10.4271/2006-01-0226
- Li Ning , Yang Jianguo , Zhou Rui , and Wang Qingsheng Knock detection in spark ignition engines using a nonlinear wavelet transform of the engine cylinder head vibration signal. Measurement Science and Technology 25 11 2014
- Norden Huang E. , Shen Zheng , Long Steven R. , Wu Manli C. et.al. The empirical mode decomposition and the Hilbert spectrum for nonlinear and non-stationary time series analysis. Royal Society of London Proceedings 454 1971 903 995 1998
- Wu Z.H. , Huang N.E. Ensemble empirical mode decomposition: a noise assisted data analysis method Advances in Adaptive Data Analysis 1 01 1 41 2011
- Xu ZHENG , Zhiyong HAO Diagnosis of Valve-Slap of Diesel Engine with EEMD-EMD-AGST Approach Transactions of Tianjin University 18 1 26 32 2012
- Wang Xia , Liu Changwen , Bi Fengrong , Bi Xiaoyang et.al. Fault diagnosis of diesel engine based on adaptive wavelet packets and EEMD-fractal dimension Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 41 s 1-2 581 597 2013