This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Introducing Attribute-Based Access Control to AUTOSAR
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Cyber security concerns in the automotive industry have been constantly increasing as automobiles are more computerized and networked. AUTOSAR is the standard architecture for automotive software development, addressing various aspects including security. The current version of AUTOSAR is concerned with only cryptography-based security for secure authentication at the communication level. However, there has been an increasing need for authorization security to control access on software resources such as data and services in the automobile. In this paper, we introduce attribute-based access control (ABAC) to AUTOSAR to address authorization in automotive software.
|Journal Article||Requirements on Real-Time-Capable Automotive Ethernet Architectures|
|Technical Paper||Security Mechanisms Design for In-Vehicle Network Gateway|
CitationKim, D., Song, E., and Yu, H., "Introducing Attribute-Based Access Control to AUTOSAR," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0069, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0069.
- AUTOSAR AUTomotive Open System Architecture
- Schneider D. Jeep Hacking 101 http://spectrum.ieee.org/cars-that-think/transportation/systems/jeep-hacking-101
- Harris M. Researcher Hacks Self-driving Car Sensors http://spectrum.ieee.org/cars-that-think/transportation/self-driving/researcher-hacks-selfdriving-car-sensors
- Markey ED Tracking & Hacking: Security & Privacy Gaps Put American Drivers at Risk 2015
- Wolf Marko , Weimerskirch Andre , and Wollinger Thomas State of the Art: Embedding Security in Vehicles EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems 16 2007
- Kuhn D. Richard , Coyne Edward J. , and Weil Timothy R. Adding Attributes to Role-Based Access Control IEEE Computer 43 6 79 81 2010
- Kim Sangsig , Kim Dae-Kyoo , Kim Suntae , and Park Sooyong A feature-based approach for modeling role-based access control systems Journal of Systems & Software 84 12 2035 2052 2011
- Hu V. C. et al. Guide to attribute based access control (ABAC) definition and considerations (draft) NIST Special Publication 800 162 2013
- OASIS Standard Adventures in Automotive Networks and Control Units 2013
- Miller C. and Valasek C. Adventures in Automotive Networks and Control Units 2013
- ISO 15765-2 Road vehicles - Diagnostics on Controller Area Networks (CAN) - Part 2: Network layer services 2011
- ISO 14229-1 Road vehicles - Unified Diagnostic Services (UDS) - Part 1: Specification and requirements 2013