This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Analysis of Secure Software Development Lifecycle from an Automotive Development Perspective
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The modern vehicle development is highly dependent on software. The software development plays an extremely important role in vehicle safety and security. In order to ensure software high quality and safety standards, we have investigated the secure software development process and analyzed the works in this area. Based on our analysis, we have identified the similarities and differences between the secure software development process and the existing vehicle development process. We then made suggestions on how to adopt the secure software development process in the overall vehicle development process.
CitationMeng, M. and Khoo, W., "An Analysis of Secure Software Development Lifecycle from an Automotive Development Perspective," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0040, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0040.
- Chong , A. The Growth of Automotive Electronics in APAC, The Next Frontier Driving Asia - Infineon
- Charette , R. This Car Runs on Code IEEE Spectrum 2009
- Greenburg , A. Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway-With Me in It Wire July 2015
- Greenburg , A. GM Took 5 Years to Fix a Full-Takeover Hack in Millions of OnStar Cars Wire September 2015
- Davis . N. Secure Software Development Life Cycle Processes: A Technology Scouting Report Carnegie Mellon University December 2005
- Evolution of the Microsoft SDL Microsoft
- Haughey , B. Design Review Based on Failure Modes (DRBFM) and Design Review Based on Test Results (DRBTR) Process Guidebook Warrendale, SAE International 2012