This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Moving from Single-Core to Multicore: Initial Findings on a Fuel Injection Case Study
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Several application developers are currently faced with the problem of moving a complex system from a single-core to a multicore platform.
The problem encompasses several issues that go from modeling issues (the need to represent the system features of interest with sufficient accuracy) to analysis and optimization techniques, to the selection of the right formulations for constraints that relate to time. We report on the initial findings in a case study in which the application of interest is a fuel injection system. We provide an analysis on the limitations of AUTOSAR and the existing modeling tools with respect to the representation of the parameters of interest for timing analysis, and we discuss applicable optimization methods and analysis algorithms.
CitationBiondi, A., Di Natale, M., Sun, Y., and Botta, S., "Moving from Single-Core to Multicore: Initial Findings on a Fuel Injection Case Study," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0017, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0017.
- Liebeherr Jörg , Burchard Almut , Oh Yingfeng , and Son Sang H. New strategies for assigning real-time tasks to multiprocessor systems IEEE Transactions on Computers 44 12 1429 1442 1995
- Dhall S.K. and Liu C. L. On a real-time scheduling problem Operation Research 127 140 1978
- Oh Yingfeng and Son Sang H. Allocating fixed-priority periodic tasks on multiprocessor systems Real-Time Systems 9 3 207 239 1995
- Monot A. , Navet N. , Bavoux B. , and Simonot-Lion F. Multisource software on multicore automotive ecus - combining runnable sequencing with task scheduling IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 59 10 3934 3942 2012
- Faragardi Hamid Reza , Lisper Björn , and Nolte Thomas Towards a communication-efficient mapping of AUTOSAR runnables on multi-cores Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA) 1 5 2013
- AUTOSAR release 4.0 http://www.autosar.org 2012
- Gai P. , Lipari G. , and Natale M. D. Minimizing memory utilization of real-time task sets in single and multiprocessor systems-on-achip Proc. RTSS 2001
- Brandenburg B. The FMLP+: An Asymptotically Optimal Real-Time Locking Protocol for Suspension-Aware Analysis Proceedings of the 26th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS 2014) 61 71 July 2014
- Wieder A. and Brandenburg B. On Spin Locks in AUTOSAR: Blocking Analysis of FIFO, Unordered, and Priority-Ordered Spin Locks Proceedings of the 34th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium 45 56 December 2013
- Brandenburg B. and Anderson J. Optimality Results for Multiprocessor Real-Time Locking Proceedings of the 31st IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS 2010) 49 60 IEEE December 2010
- Wieder A. and Brandenburg B. Efficient Partitioning of Sporadic Real-Time Tasks with Shared Resources and Spin Locks Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Embedded Systems (SIES 2013) 49 58 June 2013
- Zheng W. , Zhu Q. , Natale M. D. , and Vincentelli A. S. Definition of task allocation and priority assignment in hard real-time distributed systems Proc. RTSS 2007
- Buttle D. Real-time in the prime-time Keynote speech at the 24th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems Pisa, Italy July 12, 2012
- Davis R. I. , Feld T. , Pollex V. , and Slomka F. Schedulability tests for tasks with variable rate-dependent behaviour under fixed priority scheduling Proc. 20th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium Berlin, Germany April 2014
- Biondi A. , Natale M. D. , and Buttazzo G. Response-time analysis for real-time tasks in engine control applications Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS 2015) Seattle, Washington, USA April 14-16, 2015
- Sha L. et al Single Core Equivalent Virtual Machines for Hard Real-Time Computing on Multicore Processors Tech Report University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign http://hdl.handle.net/2142/55672
- Sha L , Mancuso R. , Dudko R. , Betti E. , Cesati M. , Caccamo M. , Pellizzoni R. Real Time Cache Management Framework for Multi-core Architectures IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS) 2013
- IBM ILOG CPLEX 12.4 http://www-01.ibm.com/software/integration/optimization/cplex-optimization-studio/ 2011
- Baruah S. and Bini E. Partitioned scheduling of sporadic task systems: An ILP based approach Proc. DASIP 2008
- Emberson P. , Stafford R. , and Davis R. I. Techniques for the synthesis of multiprocessor tasksets Proc. WATERS 2010
- Ungerer Theo et al. Merasa: Multicore execution of hard real-time applications supporting analyzability IEEE Micro 30 5 66 75 2010
- Panic M. et al. RunPar: an allocation algorithm for automotive applications exploiting runnable parallelism in multicores Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis Pittsburgh 2014
- Zhu Q. , Zeng H. , Zheng W. , Di Natale M. , Sangiovanni-Vincentelli A Optimization of task allocation and priority assignment in hard real-time distributed systems ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS) 11 4 85 2012
- Zeng H , Natale MD Efficient implementation of AUTOSAR components with minimal memory usage 7th IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Embedded Systems (SIES) 2012
- Wieder A. and Brandenburg B. On spin locks in AUTOSAR: Blocking analysis of FIFO, unordered, and priority-ordered spin locks 34th IEEE Real-time Systems Symposium (RTSS 2013) December 2013