This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research On Simulation And Control Of Differential Braking Stability Of Tractor Semi-trailer
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 29, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Heavy vehicles have the characteristics of with high center of gravity position, large weight and volume, wheelbase is too narrow relative to the body height and so on, so that they always prone to rollover. In response to the above heavy security problems of heavy vehicle in running process, this paper mainly analyzes roll stability and yaw stability mechanism of heavy vehicles and studies the influence of vehicle parameters on stability by establishing the vehicle dynamics model. At the same time, this paper focuses on heavy vehicles stability control methods based on simulation and differential braking technology. At last, verify the effect of heavy vehicle stability control by computer simulation. The results shows that self-developed stability control algorithm can control vehicle stability effectively, so that the heavy vehicles instability can be avoided, the vehicle driving safety and braking stability are improved.
CitationZheng, H., Hu, J., and Ma, S., "Research On Simulation And Control Of Differential Braking Stability Of Tractor Semi-trailer," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2842, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2842.
- Viano , D. and Parenteau , C. Rollover Crash Sensing and Safety Overview SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0342 2004 10.4271/2004-01-0342
- Kamnik , R. Roll dynamics and lateral load transfer estimation in articulated heavy freight vehicles Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 2003 217 11 985 997
- Dahlberg , E. and Stensson , A. The Dynamic Rollover Threshold of Commercial Vehicles - a Sensitivity Study International Journal of Vehicle Design 2006 40 1 3 228 250
- Gertsch , J. and Eichelhard , O. Simulation of Dynamic Rollover Threshold for Heavy Trucks SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3385 2003 10.4271/2003-01-3385
- Yu , H. , GUVENC , L. and OZGUNER U. Heavy duty vehicle rollover detection and active roll control Vehicle system dynamics 2008 46 6 451 470
- Azad , N. , Khajepour , A. , and McPhee , J. An Active Control Device Based on Differential Braking for Articulated Steer Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-3568 2006 10.4271/2006-01-3568