This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on the Algorithm of Active Pressurization Control of Regenerative Braking System in Pure Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 27, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
During the vehicle braking, the Regenerative braking system (RBS) transforms the kinetic energy into electric power, storing it in the power sources. To secure the baking process, it is required to use hydraulic braking pressure to coordinately compensate the regenerative braking pressure. The traditional hydraulic pressure control algorithm which is used in regenerative braking system coordinated control has obvious laddering effect in braking. Unit control cycle pressure deviations seriously affect the comfort and the braking feeling on the vehicle. In order to ensure the accurate implementation of the brake pressure on the wheel cylinder, according to the hardware configuration of regenerative braking system, this paper analyzes the active pressurization state of RBS during braking, acquires the overflow characteristics of the switch valve in ESP hydraulic control unit by designing of high frequency characteristic test experiment, the control range of valve core displacement in the state of inlet valve differential pressure balanced and the relationship between pressure growing rate and inlet valve control duty ratio under the different states of wheel cylinder pressure. On this basis, this paper finishes the development of algorithm of active pressurization control, building the hardware-in-loop testing platform. The test result shows that the actual wheel cylinder pressure can follow the aiming wheel cylinder well, the differential of wheel cylinder can be controlled in the range from −5Bar to 5Bar, the whole pressurization rate follows well compared with traditional control algorithm, justifies the feasibility of the active pressurization control algorithm through the virtual cycle.
CitationYang, Y., Chu, L., Yao, L., and Guo, C., "Study on the Algorithm of Active Pressurization Control of Regenerative Braking System in Pure Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2708, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2708.
- Chu Liang , Yang Yi The Regenerative Braking System with Pedal Stroke Simulator and its Controlling Method CN patent 103241228A Aug. 14 2013
- Fuwei Qi , Chu Liang The Simulator Applied to Regenerative Braking System CN patent 103223931A July 31 2013
- Liu , Y. , Sun , Z. , and JI , W. Development of Composite Brake Pedal Stroke Simulator for Electro-Hydraulic Braking System SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0117 2014 10.4271/2014-01-0117
- He , R. , Zheng , H. , and Zong , C. Braking Force Distribution and Coordinated Control Algorithm for Hybrid Electric Bus based on EBS SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1908 2014 10.4271/2014-01-1908
- Wang Cong Study on Brake Pedal Stroke Simulator and Control Strategy for Hybrid Electric Car Master Thesis College of Automobile, Jilin University 2012
- Chu Liang , Yao Liang , Yin Jiankun Study on the Braking Force Allocation Dynamic Control Strategy based on the Fuzzy Control Logic Industry Engineering and Engineering Management-CON 2011 China Sept. 3 5 2011
- Ou Yang Passenger Car Research on Controlling and Estimating Algorithm for Wheel Cylinder Pressure of Stability Control System on Car Ph.D. Thesis College of Automobile, Jilin University 2011
- Qi , X. , Song , J. , and Wang , H. Influence of Hydraulic ABS Parameters on Solenoid Valve Dynamic Response and Braking Effect SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1590 2005 10.4271/2005-01-1590