This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Novel Electromechanical Brake Actuator Adopting the Two Way Ball Screw
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 27, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, a novel Electromechanical Brake actuator (EMB) is redesigned aimed at an electric vehicle driven by wheel hub motor. The two way ball screw is adopted in this mechanism. Clearance automatic adjustment and parking braking function is added in this mechanism. As a consequence, fast braking response is achieved and the wear difference of the inner and outer pads can be minimized and the initial braking force can also be improved. The electric vehicle is based on a traditional chassis. In this electric vehicle which driven by wheel hub motor, the brake disc and brake actuator will be correspondingly moved inside because wheel hub motor will take up inner space of wheel hub. As a result, the actuator might interfere with the suspension and steering systems and influence hard spot of chassis design. To solve this problem, conversely installed caliper concept is used in this paper. This proposal effectively solves the problem of limited installation space so that the inner space of brake disc can be effectively used and at the same time, the effective braking radius can be increased. Based on this novel Electromechanical Brake actuator, dynamic simulation is conducted to verify rationality of the structure.
CitationZhuo, G. and Zhang, S., "Novel Electromechanical Brake Actuator Adopting the Two Way Ball Screw," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2698, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2698.
- Zhao Yibo , Du Yongchang Research and Development of the Electromechanical Brake Actuator Tsinghua University 1 2 2010
- Kelling , N. and Leteinturier , P. X-by-Wire: Opportunities, Challenges and Trends SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0113 2003 10.4271/2003-01-0113
- Yang Kun , Li Youde Research on Electromechanical Brake System and Stability Control of Light Vehicle Jilin University 5 6 2009
- Park , T. , Jin , S. , Moon , J. , and Yang , S. Novel Mechanism Using Differential Gears for the Electromechanical Brake SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0384 2014 10.4271/2014-01-0384
- Schwarz , R. , Isermann , R. , Böhm , J. , Nell , J. et al. Clamping Force Estimation for a Brake-by-Wire Actuator SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0482 1999 10.4271/1999-01-0482
- Liu Guiru , Wang Lulin , Zhang Shibing , Gao Guoxing Research and Design of Electromechanical Brake System Usedin Electric Vehicle Journal of Anhui University of Technology and Science 28 1 23 26 2013
- Zuo Bin , Feng Peien , Wang Weirui Research on Key Technology of Electromechanical Brake (EMB) Control System Zhejiang University 7 2014
- Fu Yunfeng , Li Lixin , Wang Weirui Research on Design and Key Technology of Automotive Electromechanical Brake System Zhejiang University 21 22 2014
- Zhao Chunhua , Tan Yuebin Research on Design of Automotive Electromechanical Brake Actuator Nanjing University of Science and Technology 53 63 2009
- ADAMS manual