This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Development of Brake Feel with Variable Servo Ratio Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 27, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
We had developed Electric Servo Brake System, which can control brake pressure accurately with a DC motor according to brake pedal force. Therefore, the system attains quality brake feeling while reflecting intentions of a driver. By the way, “Build-up” is characteristics that brake effectiveness increases in accordance with the deceleration of the vehicle, which is recognized as brake feeling with a sense of relief as not to elongate an expected braking distance at a downhill road due to large-capacity brake pad such as sports car and large vehicles. Then, we have applied the optical characteristic control to every car with Electric Servo Brake System by means of brake pressure control but not brake pad. Hereby, we confirmed that the control gives a driver the sense of relief and the reduction of pedal load on the further stepping-on of the pedal. In this paper, we describe the development of brake feel based on the control overview.
|Journal Article||The Thermal and Aerodynamic Development of a Cooling and Heat Resistance Package for a New Hybrid Sports Car|
|Technical Paper||Development of Handling Performance Control for SPORT HYBRID SH-AWD|
CitationOkada, S., "The Development of Brake Feel with Variable Servo Ratio Control," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2696, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2696.
- Zehnder , J. , Kanetkar , S. , and Osterday , C. Variable Rate Pedal Feel Emulator Designs for a Brake-By-Wire System SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0481 1999 10.4271/1999-01-0481
- Ebert , D. and Kaatz , R. Objective Characterization of Vehicle Brake Feel SAE Technical Paper 940331 1994 10.4271/940331
- Kawasumi , T. , Miwa , A. , Sakamoto , S. and Sekiya , Y. Development of a brake meeting specific requirement to improve brake feel JSAE Annual Congress Proceedings No. 201-204 1994
- The new Bosch iBooster_Intelligent control boosts braking power http://www.bosch.co.jp/jp/press/group-1306-13.asp 2014 10 10
- von Albrichsfeld , C. and Karner , J. Brake System for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1217 2009 10.4271/2009-01-1217
- Otomo , A. , Sakai , A. , Takasu , T. and Nakamura , K. Development of Regenerative Braking System for Hybrid Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 1999-10-0062 1999
- Utsumi , M. and Kamimura , H BRAKING DEVICE OF AUTOMOBILE Japan Patent 2004122819 2004 4 22