This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of Riveting Process in Case of Unsupported Part Presence
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 15, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper is devoted to further extension and development of numerical approach aimed at simulation of riveting process during aircraft assembly (see [1,2,3,4]).
Previous research has shown that developed methodology provides reliable results if the rigid motion of bodies being assembled is forbidden. However, some small parts in the airframe assemblies are not supported prior to the junction and can freely move as a rigid body. This fact introduces additional difficulties when solving corresponding contact problem.
The paper is devoted to description and analysis of two different modeling approaches that allow taking unsupported parts into consideration when simulating airframe assembly process.
- Elodie Bonhomme - Airbus Operations SAS
- Sergey Lupuleac - Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Margarita Petukhova - Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Mariia Stefanova - Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Yulia Shinder - Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Evgeniy Victorov - Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Alexander Smirnov - Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University
CitationLupuleac, S., Petukhova, M., Stefanova, M., Shinder, Y. et al., "Simulation of Riveting Process in Case of Unsupported Part Presence," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2396, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2396.
- Petukhova , M. , Lupuleac , S. , Shinder , Y. , Smirnov , A. et al Numerical approach for airframe assembly simulation Journal of Mathematics in Industry 4 1 8 2014
- Lupuleac , S. , Shinder , Y. , Petukhova , M. , Yakunin , S. et al. Development of Numerical Methods for Simulation of Airframe Assembly Process SAE Int. J. Aerosp. 6 1 101 105 2013 10.4271/2013-01-2093
- Lupuleac , S. , Petukhova , M. , Shinder , Y. , and Bretagnol , B. Methodology for Solving Contact Problem during Riveting Process SAE Int. J. Aerosp. 4 2 952 957 2011 10.4271/2011-01-2582
- Lupuleac , S. , Kovtun , M. , Rodionova , O. , and Marguet , B. Assembly Simulation of Riveting Process SAE Int. J. Aerosp. 2 1 193 198 2010 10.4271/2009-01-3215
- Smirnov , A. , Lupuleac , S. , Rodionova , O. , Shubnikov , V. et al. Software Complex for Riveting Process Simulation SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-2772 2011 10.4271/2011-01-2772
- Wriggers , P. Computational contact mechanics. Second edition Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Goldfarb , D. , Idnani , A. A numerically stable dual method for solving strictly quadratic programs Mathematical programming 27 1 1 33 1983
- Powell , M.J.D. On the quadratic programming algorithm of Goldfarb and Idnani Mathematical programming studies 25 46 61 1985
- Ciarlet , P.G. The Finite Element Method for Elliptic Problems Studies in Mathematics and its Applications North-Holland, Amsterdam 1978