This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Perception of Diesel Engine Gear Rattle Noise
ISSN: 1946-3995, e-ISSN: 1946-4002
Published June 15, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Sobecki, B., Davies, P., Bolton, J., and Eberhardt, F., "Perception of Diesel Engine Gear Rattle Noise," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 8(3):1097-1103, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2333.
- Mitchell, L.D. Gear noise: the purchaser's and the manufacturer's views. In Proceedings of the Purdue Noise Control Conference, pages 95-106, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA, June 1971.
- Singh, R., Xie, H., and Comparin, R. Analysis of automotive neutral gear rattle. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 131(2):177-196, 1989.
- Singh, R. Gear noise: anatomy, prediction and solutions. In Proceedings of the InterNoise2009 Conference, pages 3364-3393, Ottawa, Canada, August 2009.
- Gelfand, S. Hearing: An Introduction to Psychological and Physiological Acoustics. CRC Press, 2009.
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice, “Engine Sound Level Measurement Procedure,” SAE Standard J1074, Reaf. Feb. 2000.
- Sobecki, B., Davies, P., and Bolton, J.S. Simulation of gear rattle to aid in the development of sound quality metrics for diesel engine component specification. In Proceedings of the InterNoise2014 Conference, paper no. 667, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, November 2014.
- Fastl, H., and Zwicker, E. Psychoacoustics: Facts and Models. Springer, Berlin, New York, 2007.
- David, H.A. The Method of Paired Comparisons. Charles Griffin & Company Limited, 16 Pembridge Road, London W11 3HL, Great Britain, 1988.
- Bradley, R.A. Rank analysis of incomplete block designs: III some large-sample results on estimation and power for a method of paired comparisons. Biometrika, 42(3):450-470, 1955.
- Bodden, M. and Heinrichs, R. Analysis of the time structure of gear rattle In Proceedings of InterNoise1999 Conference, pages 1273-1278, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, December 1999.