This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Driveline Torsional Analysis and Parametric Optimization for Reducing Driveline Rattle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 15, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Gear rattle is an annoying noise phenomena of the automotive transmission, which is mainly induced by torsional fluctuation of engine. In this study, torsional vibration of 3 cylinder powertrain is analyzed and improved for reducing the gear rattle from transmission by using parametric optimization. One dimensional Multi-body mathematical model for the torsional vibrations of front wheel drive automotive drivetrain is developed and utilized for the optimization of sensitive parameters of the driveline. Second order differential equations of the mathematical model are solved by using MATLAB and the output response is validated with the test data. Parametric optimization is conducted by using design of experiment method. The updated model is further utilized for optimizing the flywheel inertia, driveshaft stiffness and clutch stiffness. Mathematical modelling and optimization process has helped to achieve NVH targets for driveline.
|Technical Paper||Optimization of a Clutch Disc Torsional Damping System Design|
|Journal Article||Design and Performance Analysis of 10 Mbit/
CitationBhagate, R., Badkas, A., and Mohan, K., "Driveline Torsional Analysis and Parametric Optimization for Reducing Driveline Rattle," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2176, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2176.
- RongGuo , Shan Qiu and Yu Qin-lin Generation Mechanism, Evaluation, Influence Factors and Research Methods of Automotive Manual Transmission Gear Rattle 2nd International Conference on Materials, Mechatronics and Automation 2012
- Reik W. R. The Dual Mass Flywheel 6th Luk Symposium 1998
- Meirovitch , L. 2001 Fundamentals of Vibrations McGraw Hills New York
- Singh R. , Xie H. and Comparin R. 1989 Analysis of Automotive Neutral Gear Rattle Journal of Sound and Vibration 177 196
- Padmanabhan , C. , Rook , T. , and Singh , R. Modeling of Automotive Gear Rattle Phenomenon: State of the Art SAE Technical Paper 951316 1995 10.4271/951316
- MATLAB www.mathworks.com
- Yoon Jong-Yun and Singh Rajendra Effect of the multi-staged clutch damper characteristics on the transmission gear rattle under two engine conditions Journal of Automobile Engineering 227 9 1273 1294
- MINITAB www.minitab.com