This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Real Driving Emissions Testing of Vehicles Powered by Compressed Natural Gas
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper presents results of the road tests of exhaust gas emissions of vehicles of different emission classes (Euro 4 and Euro 5, with different mileage), fuelled with compressed natural gas. The tests of exhaust emissions were conducted on parts of the road with different characteristics of the traffic intensity. For each phase of the tests, the characteristics of the test run and the value of exhaust gas emissions were determined. To measure the exhaust emission the Portable Emission Measurement System (PEMS) was used.
CitationPielecha, J., Merkisz, J., Jasiński, R., and Gis, W., "Real Driving Emissions Testing of Vehicles Powered by Compressed Natural Gas," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2022, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2022.
- Energy Technology Perspectives 2010. Baseline Scenario. International Energy Agency 2010.
- Nijboer M., The Contribution of Natural Gas to Sustainable Transport. International Energy Agency, 2010.
- Report on Future Transport Fuels. European Expert Group on Future Transport Fuels, 2011.
- ExxonMobil 2013 Outlook for Energy.
- Merkisz J., Pielecha J., Radzimirski S., New Trends in Emission Control in the European Union. Springer Tracts on Transportation and Traffic, Vol. 1, 2014, p. 170.
- Pielecha J., Merkisz-Guranowska A., Jacyna-Gołda I., A New Ecological Research - Real Driving Emissions. Journal of Kones, Powertrain and Transport. E: European Science Society of Powertrain and Transport Publication. Warsaw 2014, Vol. 21, No. 2, 2014, p. 259-265.
- Merkisz J., Pielecha J., Łabędź K., On-road Test Exhaust Emissions Vehicle Powered by Compressed Natural Gas. FISITA 2014 World Automotive Congress, Paper no. F2014-CET-122, Maastricht 2-6 June 2014.
- Merkisz J., Jacyna M., Merkisz-Guranowska A., Pielecha J., Exhaust Emissions from Modes of Transport under Actual Traffic Conditions. Energy Quest 2014, Org. Wessex Institute of Technology, Ekaterinburg 23-25.04.2014, Russia.
- Bougher T., Khalek I.A., Trevitz S., Akard M., Verification of a Gaseous Portable Emissions Measurement System with a Laboratory System using the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1065. SAE Technical Paper Series 2010-01-1069, 2010.
- Schindler W., Ch. Haisch, Beck H.A., Niessner R., Jacob E., Rothe D., A Photoacoustic Sensor System for Time Resolved Quantification of Diesel Soot Emissions. SAE Paper Series 2004-01-0968, 2004.
- Emission instruments: AVL Particle Counter. AVL List GmbH, Graz 2010.
- Particle instruments: Model 3090 Engine Exhaust Particle SizerTM Spectrometer. TSI Incorporated, 2009.