This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Observation and Analysis of Behavior of Spray Impingement on a Liquid Film
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The fuel adhesion to the surfaces of the intake port, cylinder wall and piston head is one of the common phenomena in turbocharged gasoline injection engine. It causes super-knock, unburned HC and oil dilution. In this study, the fuel thickness and amount of adhering fuel to the oil film on the flat plate are measured by laser induced fluorescence (LIF) method and high-speed camera. As a result, they can be evaluated quantitatively. An influence of the oil film on evaporation of the fuel is also clarified.
|Technical Paper||Intake Valve Flow Measurements Using PIV|
|Technical Paper||CARS Measurements of Temperature Profiles Near a Wall in an Internal Combustion Engine|
CitationKouchi, S., Okamoto, S., Ozawa, K., Kawashima, H. et al., "Observation and Analysis of Behavior of Spray Impingement on a Liquid Film," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2006, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2006.
- Dahnz , C. , Han , K. , Spicher , U. , Magar , M. et al. Investigations on Pre-Ignition in Highly Supercharged SI Engines SAE Int. J. Engines 3 1 214 224 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0355
- Zahdeh , A. , Rothenberger , P. , Nguyen , W. , Anbarasu , M. et al. Fundamental Approach to Investigate Pre-Ignition in Boosted SI Engines SAE Int. J. Engines 4 1 246 273 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0340
- Haenel , P. , Seyfried , P. , Kleeberg , H. and Tomazic D. Systematic Approch to Analys and Characterize Pre-Ignition. Events in Turbocharged Direct-injected Gasoline Engines SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0343 2011
- Yasuda , S. , Takasaki , K. and Tajima , H The abnormal combustion affected by lubricating oil ignition in premixed gas engine Proceeding of the ASME International Combustion Engine Division Spring Technical Conference, ICE2012-81042 2012
- Yasueda , S. , Tozzi , L. and Sotropoulou E. Predictibg Autoignition caused By Lubricating Oil in Gas Engines International Council on Combustion Engines Paper No.37 2013
- Hentschel W. , Grote A. , Langer O. Measurement of Wall Film Thickness in the Intake Manifold of a Standard Production SI Engine by a Spectroscopic Technique SAE Technical Paper, 972832 1997
- Senda J. , Kanda T. , Kusano S. and Fujimoto H. Modeling on Dispersion and Mixture Formation of Spray Impinging on the Wall Considering Film Formation and Droplet-Film Interaction Transactions of the Japan. Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series B 65 629 1999 389 396
- Johnen T. and Hang M. Spray Formation Observation and Fuel Film Developments in the Intake of a Spark Ignition Engine SAE Technical Paper, 950511 1995
- Takahashi Y. , Nakase Y. and Ichinose H. Analysis of the Fuel Liquid Film Thickness of a Port Fuel injection Engine SAE Technical Paper, 2006-01-1051 2006
- Iida M. , Yoshikawa K. and Tanaka H. Fuel Film Behavior Analysis Using Simulated Intake Port SAE International Journal of Engines March 2010 2 2 756 763 2010
- Okamoto S. , Kawashima H. and Ishima T. Visualization of spray impingement and measurement of its adhesion thickness The 11th Asian Symposium on Visualization (ASV11) Niigata, Japan 2011
- Hiller B. and Hanson R.K. Simultaneous planar measurements of velocity and pressure fields in gas flows using laser-induced fluorescence Applied Optics 27 33 48 1988
- Alukvist G. , Denbratt I. , Josefsson G. and Magnusson I. Measurements of Fuel Film Thickness in the Inlet Port of an S.I.Engine by Laser Induced Fluorescence SAE Technical Paper, 952483 1995