This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Cyber-security for Engine ECUs: Past, Present and Future
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, we outline past, present and future applications of automotive security for engine ECUs. Electronic immobilizers and anti-tuning countermeasures have been used for several years. Recently, OEMs and suppliers are facing more and more powerful attackers, and as a result, have introduced stronger countermeasures based on hardware security. Finally, with the advent of connected cars, it is expected that many things that currently require a physical connection will be done remotely in a near future. This includes remote diagnostics, reprogramming and engine calibration.
CitationVuillaume, C., Oka, D., and Furue, T., "Cyber-security for Engine ECUs: Past, Present and Future," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1998, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1998.
- Bogdanov Andrey Linear Slide Attacks on the KeeLoq Block Cipher proceedings of Inscrypt 2007 66 80 Springer-Verlag 2008
- Hersteller Initiative Software HIS Security Module Specification V1.1 2006 http://portal.automotive-his.de/images/pdf/FlashProgramming/his%20security%20module%20specification%20v1.1.pdf
- Trusted Computing Group TCG TPM 2.0 Automotive Thin Profile 2014
- Hersteller Initiative Software SHE - Secure Hardware Extension Version 1.1 2009
- Bubeck Oliver , Gramm Jens , Ihle Markus , Shokrollahi Jamshid , Szerwinski Robert and Emele Martin A Hardware Security Module for Engine Control Units 2011
- NHTSA RECALL Subject : Plug in vehicle charger/Possible fire http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults?searchType=ID&targetCategory=R&searchCriteria.nhtsa_ids=14V006000
- Stumpf Frederic CycurHSM, An Automotive qualified Software Stack for Hardware Security Modules 2014 https://www.escrypt.com/fileadmin/escrypt/pdf/CycurHSM-Whitepaper.pdf
- Wolf Marko and Gendrullis Timo Design, Implementation and Evaluation of a Vehicular Hardware Security Module proceedings of ICISC'11, LNCS 7259 302 318 Springer-Verlag 2012 http://www.evita-project.org/Publications/WG11.pdf
- The EVITA Project Deliverable D3.2: Secure On-board Architecture Specification 2011 http://www.evita-project.org/deliverables.html
- The EVITA Project Deliverable D2.1: Specification and evaluation of e-security relevant use cases 2011 http://www.evita-project.org/deliverables.html
- Gesamtverband der Deutschen Versicherungswirtschaft (GDV) Diebstahl kaskoversicherter Pkw 1992-2013 2014 www.gdv.de/2014/09/autodiebstahl-2013-alle-zahlen/