This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on the Characteristics of Enrichment Fuel Injection Process in the Pre-Chamber of a Marine Gas Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Fuel injection and fuel-air mixture formation processes have significant influence on the performance of spark ignition gas engines. In order to study the fuel enrichment injection process in the pre-chamber of a marine gas engine, the flow field in the pre-chamber during the gas fuel injection period was investigated by the particle image velocimetry (PIV) method. An organic glass model of pre-chamber was made for optical measurement. The flow fields in the pre-chamber with four different gas injection angles were analyzed, respectively. The measurement results were qualitatively compared to the CFD calculation results as the verification of the calculation. Based on the comparison of the PIV experiment results, an optimal gas fuel injection angle was chosen. Furthermore, 3D CFD calculation models with the baseline and optimal fuel injection angles of a marine spark ignited natural gas engine were generated to calculate the working process. The simulation results indicate that compared with the baseline engine, the engine with optimized injection angle has improved flame propagation in the main combustion chamber and reduced NO emission.
- Zhai Jun - Dalian University of Technology
- Li Bo - Dalian University of Technology
- Chen Lei - Dalian University of Technology
- Wang Weiyao - Dalian University of Technology
- Wuqiang Long - Dalian University of Technology
- Jiangping Tian - Dalian University of Technology
- Feng Liyan - Institute for Internal Combustion Engines, Dalian University
- Du Baoguo - Dailan University of Technology
CitationLiyan, F., Jun, Z., Bo, L., Lei, C. et al., "Research on the Characteristics of Enrichment Fuel Injection Process in the Pre-Chamber of a Marine Gas Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1961, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1961.
- IMO (International Maritime Organization) http://www.imo.org/OurWork/Environment/PollutionPrevention/AirPollution/Pages/Nitrogen-oxides-(NOx)-%E2%80%93-Regulation-13.aspx
- Boeckhoff , N. , Heider , G. , Hagl , P. Operational experience of the 51/60 DF from MAN Diesel SE Paper No.37 presented at the Processing of the 26th CIMAC Congress 14 17 June 2010 Bergen, Norway 2010
- Humerfelt , T. , Johnannessen , E. , Vaktskiold , E. , Skarbö , L. Development of The Rolls-Royce C26:33 Marine Gas Engine Series Paper No. 54 presented at the Proceedings of the 26th CIMAC Congress 14 17 June 2010 Bergen, Norway 2010
- Feng , L. Y. , Zhang , C. H. , Xiong , C. J. Numerical Simulation on the Process of a Lean Burn Natural Gas Engine International Conference on Environmental and Materials Engineering, EME 2012 Seoul, Korea December 9 2012
- Feng , L.Y. , Tian , J.P , Zhai , J. , Long W. Q. 3-D Numerical Simulation of the Working Process of A Gas-Fueled Marine Engine Journal of Harbin Engineering University 35 808 813 2014
- Mayer , S. , Hult , J. , Nogenmyr , K. J. , Clausen , S. Advanced Optical Development Tools for Two Stroke Marine Diesel Engines Paper No. 53 Presented at the Proceedings of the 27th CIMAC Congress 13 16 May 2013 Shanghai, China 2013