This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Investigation of Lubricating Oil Properties Effect on Low Speed Pre-Ignition
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The effect of properties of lubricating oil on low speed pre-ignition (LSPI) was investigated. Three different factors of oil properties such as cetane number, distillation characteristics and Calcium (Ca) additive (with and without) are prepared and examined. Then actual engine test of LSPI was carried out to evaluate the effect and to clarify the mechanism and role of lubricating oil. Finally it is clarified that the oil cetane number and/or Ca additive strongly affect LSPI phenomena.
|Technical Paper||Research on the Effect of Lubricant Oil and Fuel Properties on LSPI Occurrence in Boosted S. I. Engines|
|Technical Paper||Lubricant Induced Pre-Ignition in an Optical SI Engine|
CitationMorikawa, K., Moriyoshi, Y., Kuboyama, T., Yamada, T. et al., "Investigation of Lubricating Oil Properties Effect on Low Speed Pre-Ignition," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1870, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1870.
- Morikawa K. et al. Investigation and Improvement of LSPI Phenomena and Study of Combustion Strategy in Highly Boosted SI Combustion in Low Speed Range SAE Paper No. 2015-01-0756
- Kuboyama , T. , Moriyoshi , Y. , and Morikawa , K. Visualization and Analysis of LSPI Mechanism Caused by Oil Droplet, Practicle and Deposit in Highly Boosted SI Combustion in Low Speed Range SAE Int. J. Engines 8 2 529 537 2015 10.4271/2015-01-0761
- Moriyoshi Y. et al. Numerical Simulation to Understand the Cause and Sequence of LSPI Phenomena and Suggestion of CaO Mechanism in Highly Boosted SI Combustion in Low Speed Range SAE Paper No. 2015-01-0755
- Dahz , C. , Han , K. , Spicher , U. , Magar , M. et al. Investigation on Pre-Ignition in Highly Supercharged SI Engines SAE Int. J. Engines 3 1 214 224 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0355
- Hirano S. et al. Investigation of Engine Oil Effect on Abnormal Combustion in Turbocharged Direct Injection Spark Ignition Engines (Part 2) SAE Paper No. 2013-01-2569
- Amann , M. and Alger , T. Lubricant Reactivity Effects on Gasoline Spark Ignition Engine Knock SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr 5 2 760 771 2012 10.4271/2012-01-1140
- Outline of CVCC (FCA) analysis Nippon Yuka Kogyo Co., LTD.