This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Handling Performance Control for SPORT HYBRID SH-AWD
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
We have developed control logic for the Sport Hybrid system with Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SPORT HYBRID SH-AWD), which can achieves a balance between high maneuverability and heightened fuel economy. The former is realized by effective torque vectoring using two motors capable of independent regeneration and driving the left and right rear wheels, and the latter is realized by the hybrid system. Taking advantage of the benefits of using motors enables effective torque vectoring that is highly responsive from low vehicle speeds regardless of the engine driving force. By means of a control technology that makes advantageous use of this system's characteristics, this approach did not just achieve a limitation of increased turning radius when accelerating in a turn, which has been the main torque vectoring effect realized to date. Rather, it was further able to achieve an “on-the-rail” feeling that is quick, linear, and highly stable to an extent that anyone could perceive in a variety of situations that are closer to what customers ordinarily encounter.
|Technical Paper||Control of the Wheel Driving Forces as the Basis for Controlling Off-Road Vehicle Dynamics|
|Technical Paper||AWD Disconnect Solutions “ZF ECOnnect”|
|Technical Paper||POWER TRAIN SYSTEM FOR A PROTOTYPE ECONOMIC VEHICLE|
CitationHonda, T., "Development of Handling Performance Control for SPORT HYBRID SH-AWD," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1575, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1575.
- Shibahata , Y. , Shimada , K. , Tomari , T. The Improve of Vehicle Maneuverability by Direct Yaw Control Proceedings of the International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control 452 457 1992
- Shibahata , Y. , Kitamura , K. , and Kuriki ., N. Development of Active Torque Transfer System HONDA R&D Technical Review 9 70 79 1997
- Kunii , R. , Iwazaki A. , Atsumi , Y. , and Mori , A. Development of SH-AWD(Super Handling-All Wheel Drive) System HONDA R&D Technical Review 16 2 9 16 2004
- Higuchi , N. , Sunaga , Y. , Tanaka , M. , and Shimada , H. Development of a New Two-Motor Plug-In Hybrid System SAE Int. J. Alt. Power 2 1 135 145 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1476
- Ono , K. Electric Drive System for SPORT HYBRID SHAWD SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1821 2014 10.4271/2014-01-1821