This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research and Verification on Ideal Stiffness Characteristic Curve of Suspension Coil Springs
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Taking a domestic brand car as example, this paper is about how to find out a three-point nonlinear stiffness characteristic curve which can meet the requirements of variable stiffness and three-load condition.
The new coil spring gives the passive suspension a lot of improvements in riding and safety, changing the nonlinear stiffness characteristic from weak to strong.
This paper summarizes the optimization design method for the rear suspension coil spring, which includes the fitting of ideal stiffness characteristic curve, quantitative method for figuring out how the change of vehicle load influences the load on rear suspension axle, the design method of variable stiffness coil spring which corresponds to the change of vehicle load. A new kind of modified ideal point solution for building the objective function was also put forward.
Using the kits Fminimax, Fmincon in Matlab as optimization tools, finally verify the validity of optimization result through the four post testing module in ADAMS/Car.
CitationGao, D., Huang, X., Xu, J., and Zheng, S., "Research and Verification on Ideal Stiffness Characteristic Curve of Suspension Coil Springs," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1328, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1328.
- Wanjian YI. Investigation on Nonlinear Dynamic Behavior in Automobile Air Spring Suspension system [D]. Beijing: Beijing Jiaotong University, 2007.
- Chun Gong, Zhenglin Wang. Commonly Used Algorithm of MATLAB Language [M]. Beijing: Electronic Industry Press, 2011.
- Zhenghai AI. The Study of Ideal Point Solution of Multiple Attribute Decision Making Problem [D]. Sichuan: Southwest Jiaotong University, 2007.
- Rujian Ma, Guixi Li, Dong Zhao. Nonlinear Analysis of Vibration System with Subsectional Linear Springs [J]. Journal of Mechanical Strength, 2007, 29(5):892-895.
- Ke Zhang. Research on Design Theory of Nonlinear Coil Spring for Vehicle Suspension System [D]. Shanghai: Tongji University, 2003.
- Nuanshu SHI. The Research of the Algorithms for Solving Multi-objective Programming Problem [D]. Jilin: Jilin University, 2006.
- Zhishen Yu. Automobile Theory [M].the fourth edition. Beijing: China Machine Press, 2006.