This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Boost System with Auxiliary Gas Turbine Used for Recovering Diesel Engine Power at Plateau Conditions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A boost system with an auxiliary gas turbine used to recover diesel engine power at plateau conditions is proposed. System matching calculation, preliminary design, and performance simulation of the compressor with double parameter output are presented, as well as the preliminary design, flow simulation, and combustion process of the combustion chamber. Results show that the new system has better recovery performance and higher fuel economy potential than the simple charging scheme. For future research work, possible improvements and development direction are recommended.
CitationYang, L. and Ma, C., "Boost System with Auxiliary Gas Turbine Used for Recovering Diesel Engine Power at Plateau Conditions," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1136, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1136.
- Wenbo Zhou Plateau of turbocharged diesel engine technology research[J] Design and manufacture of diesel engine 2003 3 4 8
- Jiancun Zhang , Liqun Pan Plateau diesel engine turbocharger matching performance study [J] Design and manufacture of diesel engine 2005 3 10 12
- Yituan He Automotive diesel engine adjustable Two-stage pressurization system research [D] Beijin Beijing Institute of Technology 2007
- Xin Shi , Wenxiang LI Simulation on Plateau Performance of Diesel Engine Matchedwith Two-stage Sequential Turbocharging System[J] Introducing Journal of China Ordnance 2011 32 4 397 402
- Daxing Zhu Turbocharging and turbochargers [M] Beijing China Machine PRESS 1992
- Winkler , N. and Ångström , H. Simulations and Measurements of a Two-Stage Turbocharged Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Including EGR in Transient Operation SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0539 2008 10.4271/2008-01-0539
- Clay A. , Tansley G. D. Exploration of a simple, low cost, micro gas turbine recuperator solution for a domestic combined heat and power unit[J] Applied thermalengineering 2011 31 14 15 2676 2684
- Xianglei KONG , Wei jun FAN Experimental study on outlet temperature distributionin single vortex/ lean oil trapped vortex combustor[J] Journal of Aerospace Power 2010 25 4 794 796
- Zhang Qiang Research on Integrated Vehicle Turbocharger and MicroGas Turbine Auxiliary Generator[D] Beijing Beijing Institute of Technology 2012 6