This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Low-Frequency Vibration Responses of a Single-Mode Power Split HEV Drive Train
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A novel single-mode compound split hybrid transmission with a compound planetary gear set and two brakes has been studied, which has more freedom of control to increase the system efficiency. System dynamics and matching performance of the driveline including a compound planetary gear set for a single-mode hybrid electric vehicle are numerically investigated. The multi-degrees of freedom torsional vibration model for the full-hybrid vehicle driveline with the power split device is established by MATLAB/Simulink. For comparison of the natural characteristic, eigenfrequencies and mode shapes are determined with the aid of a further simplified single-track mechanical model under different operation modes. Then, numerical simulations of dynamics and kinematics of the driveline and the compound planetary gear set are carried out. In the end, for alleviation of the severe vibrations of the driveline, effects of the torsional damper and the flywheel on the whole system vibrations are examined.
|Journal Article||Development of Refined Clutch-Damper Subsystem Dynamic Models Suitable for Time Domain Studies|
|Technical Paper||Torsional Vibration Modeling of Driveline System for EV Low-Frequency Flutter|
CitationZhang, J., Liu, D., and Yu, H., "Low-Frequency Vibration Responses of a Single-Mode Power Split HEV Drive Train," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1123, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1123.
- Ahn , K. , Cho , S. , and Cha , S.W. Optimal operation of the power-split hybrid electric vehicle powertrain Proc IMechE partD: J Automobile Engineering 222 5 789 800 2008 10.1243/09544070JAUTO426
- Park , J.Y. , Park , Y.K. and Park , J.H. Optimal power distribution strategy for series-parallel hybrid electric vehicles Proc IMechE partD: J Automobile Engineering 222 6 989 1000 2008 10.1243/09544070JAUTO518
- Yu , H. , Zhang , J. and Zhang , T. Control strategy design and experimental research on a four-shaft electronic continuously variable transmission hybrid electric vehicle Proc IMechE partD: J Automobile Engineering 226 12 1594 1612 2012 10.1177/0954407012450117
- Kim , J. , Kim , T. , Min , B. , Hwang , S. et al. Mode control strategy for a two-mode hybrid electric vehicle using electrically variable transmission (EVT) and fixed-gear mode IEEE Trans Veh Technol 60 3 793 803 2011 10.1109/TVT.2011.2107564
- Theodossiades , S. , Gnanakumarr , M. and Rahnejat , H. Root cause identification and physics of impact-induced driveline noise in vehicular powertrain systems Proc IMechE partD: J Automobile Engineering 219 11 1303 1319 2005 10.1243/095440705X34937
- Theodossiades , S. , Gnanakumarr , M. , Rahnejat , H. and Kelly , P. Effect of a dual-mass flywheel on the impact-induced noise in vehicular powertrain systems Proc IMechE partD: J Automobile Engineering 220 6 747 761 2006 10.1243/09544070JAUTO55
- Song , X. , Sun , Z. , Yang , X. , and Zhu , G. Modelling, control, and hardware-in-the-loop simulation of an automated manual transmission Proc IMechE partD: J Automobile Engineering 224 2 143 160 2010 10.1243/09544070JAUTO1284
- Schulz , M. Low-frequency torsional vibrations of a power split hybrid electric vehicle drive train J Vib Control 11 6 749 780 2005 10.1177/1077546305053661
- Tang , X. , Jin , Y. , Zhang , J. , Zou , L. et al. Torsional vibration and acoustic noise analysis of a compound planetary power-split hybrid electric vehicle Proc IMechE partD: J Automobile Engineering 228 1 94 103 2014 10.1177/0954407013508276
- Guo , Y. and Parker R.G. Purely rotational model and vibration modes of compound planetary gears Mech Mach Theory 45 3 365 377 2010 10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2009.09.001
- Guo , Y. and Parker R.G. Sensitivity of general compound planetary gear natural frequencies and vibration modes to model parameters J Vibr Acoust 132 1 011006-1 011006-13 2010 10.1115/1.4000461
- Kahraman , A. Free torsional vibration characteristics of compound planetary gear sets Mech Mach Theory 36 8 953 971 2001 10.1016/S0094-114X(01)00033-7
- Syed , F.U. , Kuang , M.L. , Czubay , J. , Hao , Y. Derivation and experimental validation of a power-split hybrid electric vehicle model IEEE Trans Veh Technol 55 6 1731 1747 2006 10.1109/TVT.2006.878563