This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Application of Slope Sensor in Hill-Start to AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to improve the drivability and reduce the clutch friction loss, low-cost slope sensor is used in hill-start control of AMT vehicles. After the power spectrum analysis of the original signal and the design of the digital filter, the angle of the slope is obtained with short enough delay and small enough noise. By using this slope angle information, slope resistance force can be calculated online so that the vehicle can be prevented from sliding backward and optimal launch control can be realized. The digital filter of slope angle signal and the optimal controller of dry clutch engagement are embedded in the TCU (Transmission Control Unit) of a micro-car Geely Panda. Real-vehicle experiments are carried out with optimal clutch controller, which shows that the hill-start with low-cost slope sensor and optimal clutch controller can provide successful vehicle launch with little driveline shock. In addition, it can also avoid backward sliding and engine over-speed effectively. Furthermore, hill-start with low-cost slope sensor and optimal clutch controller can reduce clutch wear, extend the life of dry clutch and improve the drivability.
CitationChu, H., Chen, Y., Guo, L., Gao, B. et al., "Application of Slope Sensor in Hill-Start to AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1108, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1108.
- Manyala, J. and Atashbar, M., “Electromagnetic Actuator Dynamic Response Prediction for an Automated Mechanical Transmission,” SAE Int. J. Commer. Veh. 6(1):1-9, 2013, doi:10.4271/2012-01-2260.
- Haggag, S. and Ibrahim, F., “Dual Mode Control of an Automotive Clutch-By-Wire System,” SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0484, 2013, doi:10.4271/2013-01-0484.
- Gao, B., Chen, H., Lu, X. and Sanada, K., “An Improved Optimal Controller for Start-up of AMT Trucks in Consideration of Driver's Intention.” International Journal of Automotive Technology, 14(2): 213-220, 2013.
- Glielmo, L. and Vasca, F., “Optimal Control of Dry Clutch Engagement,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0837, 2000, doi:10.4271/2000-01-0837.
- Sun, D. and Qin, D., “Clutch Starting Control with a Constant Engine Speed in Part Process for a Car,” Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 39(11): 108-112, 2003.
- Jin, H., Cheng, X., and Song, Y., “Optimal Fuzzy Control of Automated Mechanical Transmission Clutch Engagement during Start-Up Process.” Advanced Materials Research, 694 (2013): 2089-2093,2013.
- Ohkubo, N., Matsushita, S., Ueno, M., Akamine, K. et al., “Application of Electric Servo Brake System to Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle,” SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Electron. Electr. Syst. 6(1):255-260, 2013, doi:10.4271/2013-01-0697.
- Jiang, X., Xie, H., Hu, H. and Huang, J., “A hill-start control device for AMT vehicle and introductions for use,” China patent CN 102320296 A, January 18, 2012.
- Vahidi, A., Stefanopoulo, A. and Huei P., “Recursive Least Squares with Forgetting for Online Estimation of Vehicle Mass and Road Grade: Theory and Experiments,” Vehicle System Dynamics: International Journal of Vehicle Mechanics and Mobility, 43(1): 31-55, 2005.
- Wang, Y., Dong, R., Wang, S. and Zheng, X., “Real-time Road Slope Recognition Algorithm for Heavy Truck Based on SAE J1939 Protocol,” Automotive Engineering, 2(7): 640-647, 2010.
- Marek, J., “MEMS for automotive and consumer electronics.” Solid-State Circuits Conference Digest of Technical Papers (ISSCC), 2010 IEEE International (pp. 9-17), 2010.
- Park, M. and Gao, Y., “Error analysis of low-cost MEMS-based accelerometers for land vehicle navigation.” Proceedings of the 15th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of The Institute of Navigation (ION GPS 2002), 2001: 1162-1170, 2001.
- Yoo, K., Lee, A., Ahn, T., Jeong, D. et al., “Development of a MEMS-based Acceleration Sensing Module for Electronic Stability Program,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3578, 2007, doi:10.4271/2007-01-3578.
- Freescale. MMA7361LC DATA SHEET [EB/OL]. 2011.
- Proakis, J. and Manolakis, D., “Digital Signal Processing: Principles, Algorithms & Applications,” Beijing: China Electric Power Press, 2004: 910-913.
- Chen, H., “Tutorial of digital signal processing-paraphrase and actualization of MATLAB.” Beijing: Electronic Industries Press, 2005: 325-358.
- Butler, H., “Feedforward signal prediction for accurate motion systems using digital filters.” Mechatronics, (22)6: 827-835, 2012.
- Bryson, A., “Applied optimal control: optimization, estimation and control.” CRC Press, 1975.