This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Dynamic Analysis of Bounce and Pitch Plane Hydraulically Interconnected Suspension for Mining Vehicle to Improve Ride Comfort and Pitching Stiffness
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper demonstrates time response analysis of the mining vehicle with bounce and pitch plane hydraulically interconnected suspension (HIS) system. Since the mining vehicles working in harsh conditions inducing obvious pitch motion and the hard stiffness of suspensions leading to the acute vibration, the passive hydraulically interconnected system is proposed to provide better ride comfort. Furthermore, the hydraulic system also increases the suspension stiffness in the pitch mode to prevent vehicle from large pitch motions. According to the hydraulic and mechanical coupled characteristic of the mining vehicles, a 7degrees of freedom (7-DOFS) mathematical model is employed and the state space method is used to establish the mechanical and hydraulic coupled dynamic equations. In this paper, the vehicles are subjected to straight line braking input, triangle block bump input applied to the wheels and random road tests. By discussing the result of the simulation, the HIS system can provide a reasonable comfort performance. From the angle of time domain, the analysis of mining vehicle dynamic response characteristics is obtained; the result shows that the hydraulically interconnected system can reduce the vertical stiffness and add the pitch stiffness in order to improve the ride comfort and reduce the pitch motion.
|Technical Paper||Static, Dynamic and Optimization CAE Evaluation Applied on Vehicle Jack Support|
|Technical Paper||Skid-Steer Loader Performance and Static Longitudinal Stability Analysis|
CitationZhang, J., Chen, X., Zhang, B., Wang, L. et al., "Design and Dynamic Analysis of Bounce and Pitch Plane Hydraulically Interconnected Suspension for Mining Vehicle to Improve Ride Comfort and Pitching Stiffness," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0617, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0617.
- Smith , W.A. An investigation into the dynamics of vehicles with hydraulically interconnected suspensions Ph.D thesis University of Technology Sydney 2009
- Sampson , D. and Cebon , D. Active roll control of single unit heavy road vehicles Vehicle System Dynamics 40 4 229 270 2003
- Nagai , M. Recent Researches on Active Suspensions for Ground Vehicles JSME Int. J.Ser. C 36 2 161 170 1993
- Stone , E.J. and Cebon , D. Control of semi-active anti-roll systems on heavy vehicles Vehicle System Dynamics 48 10 1215 1243 2010
- Cao , D. , Rakheja , S. and Su , C.Y. A Generalized Model of a Class of Interconnected Hydro-Pneumatic Suspensions and Analysis of Pitch Properties ASME Conference Proceedings 47675 137 146 2006
- Cao , D. Editors perspectives: road vehicle suspension design, dynamics, and control Vehicle System Dynamics 49 1-2 3 28 2011
- Smith , W.A. , Zhang , N. and Hu , William Hydraulically interconnected vehicle suspension: handing performance Vehicle System Dynamics 48 1 1 20 2010
- Zhang . N. , Smith , W. A. and Jeyakumaran , J. Hydraulically interconnected vehicle suspension: background and modeling Vehicle System Dynamics 48 1 17 40 2010
- Smith , W. A. , Zhang , N and Jeyakumaran , J. Hydraulically interconnected vehicle suspension: theoretical and experimental ride analysis Vehicle System Dynamics 48 1 41 64 2010
- Zhang , N. , Wang , L. and Du . H. Motion-mode energy method for vehicle dynamics analysis and control Vehicle SystemDynamics 52 1 1 25 2014
- Wilde , J. , Heydinger , G. , and Guenther , D. ADAMS Simulation of Ride and Handling Performance of the Kinetic™ Suspension System SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1972 2006 10.4271/2006-01-1972
- Hegazy , S. , Rahnejat , H. and Hussain , K. Multi-Body Dynamics in Full-Vehicle Handling Analysis under Transient Manoeuvre Vehicle System Dynamics 34 1 1 24 2000
- Cao , D. , Rakheja , S. and Su , C.Y. Roll- and pitch-plane-coupled hydro-pneumatic suspension. Part 2:dynamic response analyses Vehicle System Dynamics: International Journal of Vehicle Mechanics and Mobility 48 4 507 28 2010
- Hong , H. , Wang , L. , Zheng , M. , and Zhang , N. Handling Analysis of a Vehicle Fitted with Roll-Plane Hydraulically Interconnected Suspension Using Motion-Mode Energy Method SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 7 1 48 57 2014 10.4271/2014-01-0110
- Cao , D. , Rakheja , S. and Su , C.Y. Pitch plane analysis of a twin-gas-chamber strut suspension Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 222 8 1313 1335 2008