This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Powertrain Mounting System with Uncertainty Using Chebyshev Interval Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Powertrain mounting system (PMS) often operates with some degrees of uncertainty. These uncertainties may result from poorly known or variable parameters such as mount stiffness, or from uncertain inputs. For realistic predictions of the system behavior, the PMS models have to account for these uncertainties. To this end, the Chebyshev interval method is applied to study the uncertain characteristics of PMS.
In the PMS, the location and orientation of each mount are off-design variables due to the space limitation of the powertrain. The stiffness coefficients of the mounts are considered as interval variables. The lower bounds and upper bounds of natural frequencies and the mode kinetic energy distributions of PMS are obtained using the Chebyshev interval analysis method. As a comparison, the scanning method is used to validate the interval method. The overall conclusion is that the Chebyshev interval method is a powerful approach for the simulation of PMS with interval parameters.
|Special Publication||Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition|
|Special Publication||New Powertrain Systems and Components|
|Technical Paper||Powertrain Mount Loads Prediction and Sensitivity Analyses|
CitationXie, Y., Zhang, W., Feng, X., and Zhang, Y., "Powertrain Mounting System with Uncertainty Using Chebyshev Interval Method," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0609, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0609.
- Yu , Y. H. , Naganathan , N. G. and Dukkipati , R. V. A literature review of automotive engine mounts systems Mechanism and Machine Theory 36 1 123 142 2001 10.1016/S0094-114X(00)00023-9
- Johnson , S. R. , Subhedar , J. W. Computer Optimization of Engine Mounts Systems SAE Technical Paper 790974 1979
- Brach , R. Automotive Powerplant Isolation Strategies SAE Technical Paper 971942 1997 10.4271/971942
- Shangguan , W. B. , Zhao Y. Dynamic analysis and design calculation methods for powertrain mounting system International Journal of Automotive Technology 8 6 731 744 2007
- Sandu , A. , Sandu , C. , and Ahmadian , M. Modeling Multibody Dynamic Systems with Uncertainties. Part I: Theoretical and Computational Aspects Multibody System Dynamics 15 4 369 391 2006 10.1007/s11044-006-9007-5
- Chen , P. , Zhang , Y. , Qin , G. , and Wu , J. Interval Analysis Method of a Powertrain Mounting System with Uncertain Parameters SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0905 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0905
- Qiu , Z.P. , Wang , X.J. Comparison of dynamic response of structures with uncertain-but-bounded parameters using non-probabilistic interval analysis method and probabilistic approach International Journal of Solids and structures 40 20 5423 5439 2003 10.1016/S0020-7683(03)00282-8
- Wu , J. L. , Luo , Z. , Zhang , Y.Q. et al Interval uncertain method for multibody mechanical systems using Chebyshev inclusion functions Int. J. Numer. Meth. Engrg. 95 7 608 630 2013 10.1002/nme.4525