This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Application of QFD and KANO Model in Vehicle Technical Characteristics Setup
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An automotive vehicle should be designed to satisfy the wants of customers. The key is how to convert voices of customers into engineering languages. In other words, transfer the wants of customers into the right technical characteristics of a vehicle. A questionnaire of customer wants for a CUV (Crossover Utility Vehicle) is created and processed. Using QFD (Quality Function Deployment) and modified KANO model, the relative important degree is obtained from the original relative important degree of customer wants surveyed. Since some information gained is uncertain and the questionnaire sample is limited, a gray correlation analysis method is introduced, which calculates the competitive important degree of customer wants, then the final important degree of customer wants is gained by integrating the relative important degree and the competitive important degree. In order to solve the correlation degree of the wants of customers and the vehicle technical characteristics, Six senior auto experts are investigated through a special designed questionnaire. According to the survey results, a correlation matrix of customer wants and technical characteristics is built up, thus the technical correlation degree of the wants of customers and the vehicle technical characteristics is calculated. Utilizing the final important degree of customer wants and the technical correlation degree, in other words, combining QFD with modified KANO model, the weight factors of the CUV's technical characteristics are set up finally.
CitationChen, J., Qin, M., Jin, L., Tao, L. et al., "Application of QFD and KANO Model in Vehicle Technical Characteristics Setup," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0606, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0606.
- Yu Cheng-Long The study and practice on automobile self-determination-oriented new product development planning Chongqing University Oct. 2003
- Kano Noriaki • SERAKU Nobuhiko • Takahashi Fumio • TSUJI Shin-ichi Attractive Quality and Must-Be Quality, The Japanese Society for Quality Control Apr. 1984
- Deng Julong Grey System Theory Tutorial Hua zhong college of science and engineering publishing company Nov. 1990
- Xiong Wei Quality Function Deployment - Theory and Methodology science publishing company Beijing Oct. 2012
- Charles Berger etc. Kano's Methods for Understanding Customer-defined Quality Center for Quality Management Journal 4 Fall 1993
- LÖfgren Martin and Witell Lars Kano's Theory of Attractive Quality and Packaging QMJ 12 3 2005