This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Low Cost Obtainment of Vehicle Performance Curves and Values Experimentally by Means of the OBD2 Port
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This document presents a methodology for obtaining the vehicle performance curves and values by means of the OBD2 port for a specific vehicle. In particular the Torque - Power engine curves and acceleration performance following SAE guidelines. Additionally we obtain the wheel dynamic rolling radius to get a more realistic performance. The results obtained are compared to a chassis dynamometer test performed on the same vehicle to prove feasibility for a low cost implementation when there is no access to said testing tools.
CitationEcheverry, J., Vasquez, V., Aguirre, J., and Contreras, D., "Low Cost Obtainment of Vehicle Performance Curves and Values Experimentally by Means of the OBD2 Port," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0588, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0588.
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice Vehicle Acceleration Measurement SAE Standard J1491 July 2006
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Standard Engine Power Test Code - Spark Ignition and Compression Ignition - Net Power Rating SAE Standard J1349 March 2008
- Web based tool to extract numerical data from plots and graph images http://arohatgi.info/WebPlotDigitizer/app/ Oct. 2014
- Gillespie , T. Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics Warrendale Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1992 10.4271/R-114
- Rajamani , R. Vehicle Dynamic and Control Springer 2006 978-1-4614-1433-9
- Pacejka , H. Tire and Vehicle Dynamics Warrendale Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., and Elsevier 2006 978-0-7680-1702-1
- Wong , J.Y. Theory of Ground Vehicle 4th Wiley Inter Science 2008 978-0-470-17038-0
- National Instruments NI 9862 NI-XNET CAN C Series Module http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209347 Oct. 2014
- Freescale MPC563xM StarterTRAK (Development Kit) http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prodsummary.jsp?code=TRK-MPC5634M Oct. 2014
- SuperFlow dynamometer AUTODYN 30 http://www.superflow.com/Dynamometers/chassis/auto-dyn30.php