This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
CAD/CAE and Optimization of a Twist Beam Suspension System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This research proposes an automatic computer-aided design, analysis, and optimization process of a twist beam rear suspension system. The process combines CAD (Computer-Aided Design), CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering), and optimization technologies into an automation procedure, which includes: structural design, dynamic analysis, vibration analysis, durability analysis, and multidisciplinary optimization. The automation results shown the twist beam rear suspension weight reduced, the durability fatigue life increased, and the K&C (kinematics & compliance) characteristics are improved significantly.
CitationChen, J., Jiang, Y., Qin, M., Hao, W. et al., "CAD/CAE and Optimization of a Twist Beam Suspension System," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0576, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0576.
- Prof. Dipl-Ing. Reimpell Jornsen , Stoll Disl-IngHelmut The Automotive Chassis: Engineering Principles Second 2002
- Hamedi , B. and Webb , J. The New Twist Beam Axle Design for a Passenger Vehicle, SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0863 2007 10.4271/2007-01-0863
- Asteggiano , V. , Celiberti , L. , Data , S. , and D'Alcide , A. The Floating Hub: An Innovative Device to Improve Vehicle Comfort, SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0415 2004 10.4271/2004-01-0415
- Ewbank , D. , Allton , D. , Whitehead , J. , and Reed , J. Torsion Beam Rear Suspension With Toe-Controlled Compliant Hubs, SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0094 2000 10.4271/2000-01-0094
- Prof. Yu Zhisheng Automotive theory 5th 2009
- McKay , M.D. ; Beckman , R.J. ; Conover , W.J. May 1979 A Comparison of Three Methods for Selecting Values of Input Variables in the Analysis of Output from a Computer Code Technometrics (JSTOR Abstract) (American Statistical Association) 21 2 10.2307/1268522 0040-1706