This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
CAD/CAE and Optimization of a Twist Beam Suspension System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This research proposes an automatic computer-aided design, analysis, and optimization process of a twist beam rear suspension system. The process combines CAD (Computer-Aided Design), CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering), and optimization technologies into an automation procedure, which includes: structural design, dynamic analysis, vibration analysis, durability analysis, and multidisciplinary optimization. The automation results shown the twist beam rear suspension weight reduced, the durability fatigue life increased, and the K&C (kinematics & compliance) characteristics are improved significantly.
CitationChen, J., Jiang, Y., Qin, M., Hao, W. et al., "CAD/CAE and Optimization of a Twist Beam Suspension System," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0576, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0576.
- Prof. Dipl-Ing. Reimpell Jornsen, Stoll Disl-IngHelmut “The Automotive Chassis: Engineering Principles” Second Edtion, 2002
- Hamedi, B. and Webb, J., “The New Twist Beam Axle Design for a Passenger Vehicle,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0863, 2007, doi:10.4271/2007-01-0863.
- Asteggiano, V., Celiberti, L., Data, S., and D'Alcide, A., “The Floating Hub: An Innovative Device to Improve Vehicle Comfort,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0415, 2004, doi:10.4271/2004-01-0415.
- Ewbank, D., Allton, D., Whitehead, J., and Reed, J., “Torsion Beam Rear Suspension With Toe-Controlled Compliant Hubs,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0094, 2000, doi:10.4271/2000-01-0094.
- Prof. Yu Zhisheng “Automotive theory”(in Chinese) 5th Edition, 2009
- McKay, M.D.; Beckman, R.J.; Conover, W.J. (May 1979). “A Comparison of Three Methods for Selecting Values of Input Variables in the Analysis of Output from a Computer Code”. Technometrics (JSTOR Abstract) (American Statistical Association) 21 (2): 239) 21 doi:10.2307/1268522. ISSN0040-1706. JSTOR 1268522. OSTI5236110.