This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Microwave-Steam Based Road Deicing Vehicle Focused on Thin Ice Layers
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
For the thin ice on the road in winter, the traditional road deicing vehicle relies on mechanical and chemical methods for melting ice, which is inclined to damage the pavement and has insidious influence on environment. The thermal deicing vehicle has been adopted in recent years. Although the deicing method is available, the deicing efficiency is unacceptable while the energy consumption is huge.
The study adopts the new idea of “bottom-to-top” for melting the intersection area between the road surface and the bottom ice layer by the microwave heating firstly and then cleaning them out using high pres. vapor cutting so as to save the cost of energy and enhance the traffic safety.
First of all, the mathematical model of the melting process of the intersection of the pavement and the ice layer was established according to the microwave heating characteristics. Then the mechanism about the compatibility between the steam temperature, saturation and the upper surface of the ice was analyzed. Based on the analysis, the design of the post-process of ice melting was modified. After determining the layout scheme of microwave steam deicing device on vehicles, the analysis energy flow of vehicle was completed in the last.
The result shows that the deicing vehicle is viable and its energy consumption is eighty percent as much as the traditional deicing vehicle's for melting the 5mm thin ice layer. There is no water pollution and road surface damage in the whole process.
CitationXu, Z., Tan, G., Sun, X., Ge, Y. et al., "Microwave-Steam Based Road Deicing Vehicle Focused on Thin Ice Layers," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0502, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0502.
- Tang Xiangwei Study of Microwave Deicing Efficiency on Road 2009
- Sun Yunzhao Design and Research of Parts and Walk Synchronization System of the Vehicle for Snow and Ice Removal Based On Microwave Heating 2013
- Zhou Zaiqi , Zhou Keyin , Xu Hui Microwave Detecting Technology Chemical Industry Press The chemical industry press 2008 01
- Wang Renbo Study of Heating Uniformity of Microwave Deicing Equipment on Road 2010
- Xu Xiaoliang The Simulation of 5.8GHz Microwave Road Deicing Temperature Field Based on the Theory of Electromagnetic Coupling Hot 2009
- Zhu Hua Heat Transfer Theory Zhejiang University press 2009
- hu FuZeng , Chen GuoRong , Du Yongjuan Material Surface and Interface Zhejiang University press 2001