This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Detection and Tracking Algorithm of Front Vehicle Based on Laser Radar
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Nowadays active collision avoidance has become a major focus of research, and a variety of detection and tracking methods of obstacles in front of host vehicle have been applied to it. In this paper, laser radars are chosen as sensors to obtain relevant information, after which an algorithm used to detect and track vehicles in front is provided. The algorithm determines radar's ROI (Region of Interest), then uses a laser radar to scan the 2D space so as to obtain the information of the position and the distance of the targets which could be determined as obstacles. The information obtained will be filtered and then be transformed into cartesian coordinates, after that the coordinate point will be clustered so that the profile of the targets can be determined. A threshold will be set to judge whether the targets are obstacles or not. Last Kalman filter will be used for target tracking. To verify the presented algorithm, related experiments have been designed and carried out. The results of the experiments show that the algorithm can identify and track vehicles critically and has comparatively high reliability.
|Technical Paper||Scene Based Safety Functions for Pedestrian Detection Systems|
|Technical Paper||Local Scene Depth Estimation Using Rotating Monocular Camera|
|Technical Paper||An Experimental Investigation of a CW/CA System for Automobiles|
CitationWang, H., He, L., Liu, Q., and Zong, C., "Detection and Tracking Algorithm of Front Vehicle Based on Laser Radar," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0307, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0307.
- Kimoto, K.; Thorpe, C. Map Building with Radar and Motion Sensors for Automated Highway Vehicle Navigation. In Proceedings of the 1997 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '97), Grenoble, France, 7-11 September 1997; Volume 3, pp. 1721-1728.
- Sugimoto, S.; Tateda, H.; Takahashi, H.; Okutomi, M. Obstacle Detection Using Millimeter-Wave Radar and Its Visualization on Image Sequence. In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR'04), Cambridge, UK, 23-26 August 2004; Volume 3, pp. 342-345.
- Sugimoto, S.; Takahashi, H.; Okutomi, M. Moving obstacle segmentation using MMW radar and image sequence.Int. J. ITS Res. 2004, 2, 55-65.
- Zhou Zhi. Research on Active Safety Algorithms and Model for Intelligent Vehicle with a Laserscanner[D].Central South University, China,2012.
- Cai Zixing, Xiao Zheng, Yu Jinxia. Real-time Detection of Dynamic Obstacles Based on Laser. Radar Control Engineering of China,2008,15(2):200-203.
- Han Xing. Study on Target Recognition for Vehicle Active Anti-Collision Warning System Based on MWR[D].Jinlin University, China,2013.
- Wang Yali. Study on Detection of Ahead Vehicle Based on Millimeter-Wage Radar-vision[D]. Jinlin University, China,2013.
- Chen Zhenxian, Yun Ruxue. Journal of Beijing Institute of Technology, 1995, 15(2): 212-217.
- Zhang Zheng, Wang Yanping, eg. Digital image processing and machine vision--Visual C++ and Matlab implementation. Beijing: People's Posts and Telecommunications Press, 2010:161.
- Xiao Yida. Autonomous Vehicle Platform and Key Technique Research Focusing on Urban Environment[D]. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, 2013.
- Yang Sensen. NAVIGATION OF DRIVERLESSVEHICLE BASED ON GPS/INS/LIDAR[D]. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China,2013.
- Wang Jiandong, Wang Yafei, Zhang Jing. Moving objects tracking algorithm based on Kalman filter[J]. Digital Communication, 2009,06:53-57.
- Kalman R E. A new approach to linear filtering and prediction problems[J]. Journal of Fluids Engineering, 1960, 82(1): 35-45.
- Zhou Hongren, Jing Zhongliang, Wang Peide. Maneuvering target tracking[M].Beijing: National Defence Industry Press, 1991:12-24.
- He You, Xiu Jianjuan, Zhang Jingwei, eg. Radar Data Processing and Application[M].Beijing: Publishing House of Electronics Industry, 2009:148-169.
- Liu Jing, Jiang Heng, Shi Xiaoyuan. Study and application of Kalman filtering for target tracking[J]. Information Technology,2011,10:174-177.