This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integrated Control Strategy in the Power-On Upshift Process of Automatic Transmission Based on Transmission Output Torque
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Gear-shift process of automatic transmission (AT) can be achieved with hydraulic control system which operates clutches or brakes' engagement or disengagement. According to the state of engagement elements, gear-shift process can be divided into torque phase and inertia phase. This article analyses gear-shift process of automatic transmission with the lever analogy and got the variation of the transmission's output torque. Then, the control principle of clutch to clutch shift is studied.
This article takes power on up shift as study example and minimum of transmission output torque fluctuations during shifting as control target. Then this article analysis two control principles including inertia phase engine & transmission integrated control principle and entire shift process engine & transmission integrated control principle. For the factors that affect shifting during different stages and the characteristics of different shift control principles, clutch pressure observer based on input-to-state stability (ISS) is designed and applied to the entire shift process engine & transmission integrated control principle. Finally, the proposed control principle is applied on the vehicle simulation platform, Simulation results are compared to the results of power-on up shift without engine & transmission integrated control and integrated control strategy based on the transmission output torque observer which is designed based on the torque converter model. It is proved that the transmission output torque overshoot peak with inertia phase engine & transmission integrated control strategy is decreased significantly and shifting jerks are reduced. Shift quality is improved significantly.
- Qingkai Wei - State Key Lab. of ASC, Jilin University
- Yulong Lei - State Key Lab. of ASC, Jilin University
- Boqin Hu - State Key Lab. of ASC, Jilin University
- Zhengwei Liu - State Key Lab. of ASC, Jilin University
- Xingzhong Li - Hangzhou Advance Gearbox Group Co., Ltd.
- Bin Song - Hangzhou Advance Gearbox Group Co., Ltd.
CitationWei, Q., Lei, Y., Li, X., Hu, B. et al., "Integrated Control Strategy in the Power-On Upshift Process of Automatic Transmission Based on Transmission Output Torque," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0231, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0231.
- Watechagit , S. , and Srinivasan , K. 2005 Implementation of On-Line Clutch Pressure Estimation for Stepped Automatic Transmissions Proceedings of the American Control Conference 3 1607 1612 10.1109/ACC.2005.1470197
- Gibson , A. and Kolmanovsky , I. Modeling and Analysis of Engine Torque Modulation for Shift Quality Improvement SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1073 2006 10.4271/2006-01-1073
- Haj-Fraj , A. , and Pfeiffer . F. Optimal control of gear shift operations in automatic transmissions Journal of the Franklin Institute 338.2 2001 371 390 10.1016/S0016-0032(00)00091-0
- Kyung-Jinn , Y. , Keum-Shik . H. , and Dong-li . A Robust Control for Engine and Transmission Systems: Enhancement of Shift Quality JSME International Journal Series C 44.3 2001 697 707 10.1299/jsmec.44.697
- Yonggang , L. , Datong , Q. , Hong , J. , and Yizhang , L. et al. A systematic model for dynamics and control of dual clutch transmissions Journal of Mechanical Design 131.6 2009 061012 10.1115/1.3125883
- Bingzhao , G. , Hong , C. , Haiyan Z. A Nonlinear Clutch Pressure Observer for Automatic Transmission: Considering Drive-Shaft Compliance J. Dyn. Sys., Meas., Control 134 1 10.1115/1.4004778