This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vehicle Safety Monitoring System with Next Generation Satellite Navigation: Part 1 Lateral Acceleration Estimation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 30, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The road accident is major problem around the world and also in Thailand, The main cause is concerning the driving behavior e.g. uncarefulness, aggression, drowsiness and etc. Dangerous driving is categorized by means of lateral vehicle dynamics when the turning or lane changing is performed, and longitudinal one if the braking or rapid acceleration is occurred.
For this reason, we developed the vehicle monitoring system based on novel consumer grade multi-satellite navigation receivers and proposed the lateral acceleration estimation from these data. The system were tested within controlled condition tested track. The multiple satellite system, GPS and multi-GNSS: GPS+Glonass and GPS+Beidou were tested and compared to the reference inertial measurement unit (IMU)
As results, the maximum lateral acceleration in tested track were chosen and compared with reference IMU. Finally, the results were correlated with the best one was GPS while other multi-GNSS systems were still in good correlation.
|Aerospace Standard||Data Dictionary for Quantities Used in Cyber Physical Systems|
|Technical Paper||Empirical Testing of Vehicular Rotational Motion|
|Technical Paper||Development of an Accelerated Endurance Test Facility|
- Petch Wuttimanop - Suranaree University of Technology
- Pornporm Boonporm - Suranaree University of Technology
- Raksit Thitipatanapong - Chulalongkorn University
- Sunhapos Chantranuwathana - Chulalongkorn University
- Sanya Klongnaivai - Chulalongkorn University
- Nuksit Noomwongs - Chulalongkorn University
CitationThitipatanapong, R., Wuttimanop, P., Chantranuwathana, S., Klongnaivai, S. et al., "Vehicle Safety Monitoring System with Next Generation Satellite Navigation: Part 1 Lateral Acceleration Estimation," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0123, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0123.
- HAN I. and YANG K. Characteristic Analysis for Cognition of Dangerous Driving Using Automobile Black Boxes International Journal of Automotive Technology 10 5 597 605 2009
- Preda I. , Covaciu D. , Ciolan G. and DIMA D. Vehicle Dynamic Behaviour Analysis Based on GPS Data SMAT2008 Craiova, Romania 2008
- Sar H. , Pokorski J. , Fundowicz P. and Reński A. Application of GPS receiver to road tests of automobile Journal of KONES Powertrain and Transport 20 3 359 366 2013
- Phondeenana P. , NOOMWONGS N. , CHATRANUWATHANA S. and THITIPATANAPONG R. Driving Maneuver Detection System Based on GPS Data Future Active Safety Technology Toward Zero Traffic Accidents Nagoya 2013 10.13140/2.1.1734.3685
- THITIPATANAPONG R. , KLONGNAIVAI S. , NOOMWONGS N. and CHATRANUWATHANA S. Study of Driver Behavior Detection on Vehicle with Satellite Navigation System (in Thai) GEOINFOTECH Nonthaburi, Thailand 2013 10.13140/2.1.2267.8723
- Phondeenana , P. , Thitipatanapong , R. , Klongnaivai , S. , Noomwongs , N. et al. Driver Behavior Detection based On PPP-GNSS Technology SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2006 2014 10.4271/2014-01-2006
- Phondeenana P. , Thitipatanapong R. , Klognaivai S. , Noomwongs N. and Chantranuwathana S. DRIVER BEHAVIORDETECTION BASED ON MULTI GNSS TECHNOLOGY FISITA World Automotive Congress Maastricht, The Netherland 2014 10.13140/2.1.1779.8087
- Noomwongs N. , Thitipatanapong R. , Chantranuwathana S. and Klognaivai S. Driver Behavior Detection Based on Multi-GNSS Precise Point Positioning Technology Applied Mechanics and Materials 619 327 331 2014 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.619.327
- Abe M. and Manning W. Vehicle Handling Dynamics: Theory and Application Elsevier 2009
- Thitipatanapong R. Effectiveness of Multiple Global Navigation Satellite System over Vehicle Application in Bangkok Area researchgate 2014 10.13140/2.1.5105.0565