This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Subjective and Objective Evaluation of APU Start-Stop NVH for a Range-Extended Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 10, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In recent years, electric vehicle and hybrid vehicle are either on the market or under intensive research and development (R&D). Since the concept of auxiliary power unit (APU) was brought into the automotive industry, the range-extended electric vehicle (ReEV) has become the favor of the worldwide manufacturers. Normally, the APU starts and stops more frequently in response to the control strategy compared with traditional vehicles, which will affect the ride comfort of passengers. Thus, APU start-stop NVH refinement is an important aspect of ReEV R&D.
In this paper, a subjective evaluation on a ReEV was performed to quickly diagnose NVH issues firstly. Based on subjective results, the NVH experiment in a semi-anechoic room was carried out to troubleshoot these issues. The accelerations of the APU mounts, the seat track and the steering wheel as well as interior noise level were acquired and analyzed. According to the analysis results of test data, the corresponding measures were taken here. The work in this paper is also expected to contribute to the study of APU start-stop of ReEV.
CitationGuo, R., Mi, Y., and Cao, C., "Subjective and Objective Evaluation of APU Start-Stop NVH for a Range-Extended Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0047, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0047.
- Kawabata, N., Komada, M., and Yoshioka, T., “Noise and Vibration Reduction Technology in the Development of Hybrid Luxury Sedan with Series/Parallel Hybrid System,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2232, 2007, doi:10.4271/2007-01-2232.
- Rust, A. and Graf, B., “NVH of Electric Vehicles with Range Extender,” SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 3(1):860-867, 2010, doi:10.4271/2010-01-1404.
- Bang, J., Yoon, H., and Won, K., “Experiment and Simulation to Improve Key ON/OFF Vehicle Vibration Quality,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2363, 2007, doi:10.4271/2007-01-2363.
- Ng, H., Anderson, J., Duoba, M., and Larsen, R., “Engine Start Characteristics of Two Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs) - Honda Insight and Toyota Prius,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2492, 2001, doi:10.4271/2001-01-2492.
- Henein, N., Taraza, D., Chalhoub, N., Lai, M. et al., “Exploration of the Contribution of the Start/Stop Transients in HEV Operation and Emissions,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3086, 2000, doi:10.4271/2000-01-3086.
- Komada, M. and Yoshioka, T., “Noise and Vibration Reduction Technology in New Generation Hybrid Vehicle Development,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2294, 2005, doi:10.4271/2005-01-2294.