This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Implementation of an Automated Interface to Flow Bench
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 30, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The analysis of pressure losses in the cylinder head of an engine, which can compromise up to 70 % of engine efficiency is accomplished by a device called a flow bench, to evaluate the variation in flow and pressure between the inlet and outlet of the cylinder by reading in measurement instruments typically water column manometer. The paper describes the methodology used in the automation of a flow bench. A printed circuit containing pressure transducers (absolute pressure sensor to intake manifold) that send electrical to a microcontroller (Arduino) signals and is shown on an interface card was drawn. For temperature we opted for the use of a digital sensor with smaller margin of error for the same price (compared to analog sensor). The level of the valve is done by a digital caliper. In man machine interface are indicated test pressures and the percentage of flow, temperatures at admission and exhaust are indicated as well as the calibrated orifices are open. The system automatically calculates the flow for each valve lift position and also allows the flow rate to be measured through the use of Pitot tubes. You can choose the units employed, either in English units and the international system of measurement beyond the instantaneous generation of graphics directly on the computer.
|Technical Paper||Methods of Pegging Cylinder Pressure to Maximize Data Quality|
|Technical Paper||Effect of a Centrifugal Supercharger on Fuel Vaporization|
CitationVandresen, M., Cazangi, H., Favila, J., and Lencina, D., "Implementation of an Automated Interface to Flow Bench," SAE Technical Paper 2014-36-0249, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-36-0249.
- http://biakom.com/pdf/MPX2100.pdf SuperFlow SF-110 Flowbench May 19 2014 http://www.superflow.com/Flowbenches/sf110.php
- Bettes , Harold Engine Airflow HP1537: A Practical Guide to Airflow Theory, Parts Testing, Flow Bench Testing and Analyzing Data to Increase Performance for Any Street or Racing Engine 1 New York, New York HP Trade 2010
- SEMICONDUCT, ARCHIVED BY FREESCALE 100 kPa On-Chip Temperature Compensated & Calibrated Silicon Pressure Sensors 2002 http://biakom.com/pdf/MPX2100.pdf
- 2.7V 4-Channel/8-Channel 12-Bit A/D Converters with SPITM Serial Interface Microchip Technology Inc 2002 http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/21298c.pdf
- LM35 Precision Centigrade Temperature Sensors http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm35.pdf
- LM75 Digital Temperature Sensor and Thermal Watchdog with Two-Wire Interface National Semiconductor Corporation 1996 http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheet/nationalsemiconductor/DS012658.PDF
- Arduino - HomePage http://www.arduino.cc/ 16 maio. 2014
- Cubieboard | A series of open ARM miniPCs. http://cubieboard.org/ 16 maio. 2014
- Raspberry Pi. http://www.raspberrypi.org/ 16 maio. 2014
- Atmel 8-Bit Microcontroller with 4/8/16/32KBytes In-System Programmable Flash Atmel Corporation 2012 http://www.atmel.com/images/atmel-8271-8-bit-avr-microcontroller-atmega48a-48pa-88a-88pa-168a-168pa-328-328p_datasheet.pdf