This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Multiaxial Bench Test for the Suspension of Commercial Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 07, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The purpose of this paper is to show a multiaxial bench test for static and dynamic testing of leaf springs for suspension of commercial vehicles. The bench test simulates the critical operating conditions (track, ramp, speed bump on track, curves and braking), with stroke control for strength and deformation analysis.
One of the main advantages in bench test is to reduce the time of the test, its repeatability, its cost saving and monitoring its performance through inspections and graphic records.
The aim of the test is to evaluate the behavior in durability of the components, to analyze the possible failure mode and to be able to approve or reject the component based on the test's results.
Criteria were set to accelerate the test by comparing signals measured on the field and bench test with deflection by stress curves. These criteria were maintained under extreme conditions for longer than the observed in previous and real applications. With this, the low incidence of strength and stroke is measured by optimizing the time of the test.
- Eraldo de Jesus Soares - Mercedes-Benz do Brasil Ltda
- Alan M. Oliva - Mercedes-Benz do Brasil Ltda
- Camilo A. Adas - Mercedes-Benz do Brasil Ltda
- Fernando C. Dusi - Mercedes-Benz do Brasil Ltda
- Paulo Sergio P. Santos - Mercedes-Benz do Brasil Ltda
- Marco A. Fogaça Accurso - Mercedes-Benz do Brasil Ltda
- Marcus Kliewer - Mercedes-Benz do Brasil Ltda
CitationSoares, E., Oliva, A., Adas, C., Dusi, F. et al., "Development of a Multiaxial Bench Test for the Suspension of Commercial Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2014-36-0019, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-36-0019.
- Gillespie , T.D. Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics 1992 Society of Automotive Engineers 474
- Fundaments of heart and Mass Transfer John Wiley & Sons Foourth Incropera Frank P. and Dewitt David P.
- Canale , A.C. Automobilística - Dinâmica e Desempenho Livros Érica Editora Ltda 1989 122
- Cinemática e Dinâmica de Sistemas Mecânicos DPM -UNICAMP 1998
- An introduction to measurements using strain gages Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH 1989
- Measuring Torque Correvtly Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH 200
- 2973066 Development of a bench test with temperature and relative humidity control, for interior lining materials of truck cabins.
- 1999-01-2990 Development of a Bench Test for Static and Dynamic Tests of a Spring Leaf for the Suspension of Commercial Vehicles.
- 2000-01-3178 Development of a bench test for static tests of safety belt Anchorage for cabins, driver and passenger seats in commercial vehicles.
- 2002-01-3449 Dynamic Bench Test of Part of the Cooling Assembly of Commercial Vehicles with Ground Measurement Signal.
- 2013-36-0471 Fatigue Bench Test for Internal Parts of Shock Absorbers in Commercial Vehicles.