This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advanced Powertrain Systems Control in Combination with Specifically Optimized Air- and Fuel Path Components to Realise Short Term CO2 Emissions Reduction with an Existing 2.2l I4 Diesel Engine Architecture
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 13, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In September 2013 the Jaguar XF 2.2l ECO sport brake and saloon were introduced to the European market. They are the first Jaguar vehicles to realize CO2 emissions below 130 g/km. To achieve these significantly reduced fuel consumption values with an existing 2.2l I4 Diesel engine architecture, selected air path and fuel path components were optimized for increased engine efficiency. Tailored hardware selection and streamlined development were only enabled by the consequent utilisation of the most advanced CAE tools throughout the design phase but also during the complete vehicle application process.
CitationMenne, C., Galbraith, S., Jones, A., Henning, L. et al., "Advanced Powertrain Systems Control in Combination with Specifically Optimized Air- and Fuel Path Components to Realise Short Term CO2 Emissions Reduction with an Existing 2.2l I4 Diesel Engine Architecture," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2853, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2853.
- Menne, C., Pischinger, S., Jakob, M., Kremer, F., Rohs, H., Adomeit, P., Lamping, M., Körfer, T., “Advanced Two Row Nozzle Concept with interacting Fuel Sprays”, Conference on Thermodynamic and Fluid Processes in Diesel Engines, THIESEL 2010.
- Baumgarten, C., “Mixture Formation in Internal Combustion Engines”, Springer 2005.
- Kinoo, B., Flecke, T., Schlosser, A., Körfer, T., Henning, L., Beck, R., Kwee, H. “Simultaneous Optimization of Raw and Tailpipe Emissions with FEV TOPexpert”, MTZ Virtual Powertrain Creation Conference 2011.
- Jaguar Land Rover News Room, “Jaguar XF 13MY Technologies” (http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-in/jaguar/press-kits/2012/06/jag_13my_technologies_270612/).
- Handbuch Verbrennungsmotoren, Vieweg Verlag, 2012.