This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hydro-Pneumatic Driveline for Passenger Car Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 28, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Real driving cycles are characterized by a sequence of accelerations, cruises, decelerations and engine idling. Recovering the braking energy is the most effective way to reduce the propulsive energy supply by the thermal engine. The fuel energy saving may be much larger than the propulsive energy saving because the ICE energy supply may be cut where the engine operates less efficiently and because the ICE can be made smaller. The present paper discusses the state of the art of hydro-pneumatic drivelines now becoming popular also for passenger cars and light duty vehicle applications permitting series and parallel hybrid operation. The papers presents the thermal engine operation when a passenger car fitted with the hydro-pneumatic hybrid driveline covers the hot new European driving cycle. From a reference fuel consumption of 4.71 liters/100 km with a traditional driveline, the fuel consumption reduces to 2.91 liters/100 km.
|Technical Paper||Studying the Roles of Kinetics and Turbulence in the Simulation of Diesel Combustion by Means of an Extended Characteristic-Time-Model|
|Journal Article||Vibroacoustic Method of IC Engine Diagnostics|
CitationBoretti, A. and Zanforlin, S., "Hydro-Pneumatic Driveline for Passenger Car Applications," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2536, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2536.
- Wouk V. Hybrids: then and now 1995 IEEE Spectrum 32 7 16 21
- Boretti , A. and Stecki , J. Hydraulic Hybrid Heavy Duty Vehicles - Challenges and Opportunities SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-2036 2012 10.4271/2012-01-2036
- Di Rocco D. , Urch P. , Schaden T. , Loibner E. Energy and Fuel Saving Scenario using Hydro-Pneumatic Energy Storage System in an Automotive Application 2010 FISITA 2010 World Automotive Congress 30 May 4 June 2010 Budapest, Hungary
- Kargul John J. Advanced Hydraulic Hybrids Delivering Real World Savings 2013 Green Truck Summit March 6 2013 Indianapolis, IN, US www.emiglobal.com/ntea_presentations/3.pdf
- Boretti A. , and Stecki , J. State of the art of pneumatic and hydraulic kinetic energy recovery systems 35 th FISITA Conference Maastricht, The Netherlands June 2 6 2014