This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Combined Testing Technique: Development of Friction Brake System for Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 28, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The presented research discusses the experimental procedure developed for testing of friction brake systems installed on the modern electric vehicles. Approach of combined experimental technique utilizing hardware-in-the-loop platform and brake dynamometer is introduced. As the case study, an influence of brake lining coefficient of friction fluctuations on the anti-lock brake system (ABS) performance is investigated. The ABS algorithm is represented by the direct slip control aimed to the precise tracking of reference slip ratio by means of electric and friction brake system. Vehicle prototype is represented by RWD electric vehicle with in-wheel motors. Results, representing the investigated phenomenon, are derived using the developed combined test bench. The achieved results give a basis for further extension of standard brake testing procedures.
CitationAugsburg, K., Savitski, D., Heidrich, L., and Ivanov, V., "Combined Testing Technique: Development of Friction Brake System for Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2529, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2529.
- Harada , H. , Shimizu , H. , Sugitani , T. , and Gomi , M. , Simulation Of Vehicle Brake Performance On Brake Dynamometer SAE Technical Paper 845064 1984 10.4271/845064
- Krough , B. , Dyar , L. , and Bray , P. , Adapting On-vehicle Brake Drag Testing to a Bench Dynamometer SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-2376 2011 10.4271/2011-01-2376
- Bill , K. and Breuer , B. , Brake Technology Handbook SAE International Warrendale, PA 978-0-7680-1787-8 2008 10.4271/R-375
- Thompson , J. , Brake NVH: Testing ad Measurements SAE International Warrendale, PA 978-0-7680-3480-6 2011 10.4271/R-399
- Sorniotti , A. , Hardware in the Loop for Braking Systems with Anti-lock Braking System and Electronic Stability Program SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-2062 2004 10.4271/2004-01-2062
- Augsburg , K. , Gramstat , S. , Horn , R. , Ivanov , V. et al. Investigation of Brake Control Using Test Rig-in-the-Loop Technique SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-2372 2011 10.4271/2011-01-2372
- Thompson , J. , Marks , A. , and Rhode , D. , Inertia Simulation in Brake Dynamometer Testing SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2601 2002 10.4271/2002-01-2601
- Augsburg , K et al. Test-rig-in-the-loop (TRIL) Application to Controllable Brake Processes EuroBrake 2012 Conference Dresden, Germany 2012
- Petruccelli , L. , Velardocchia , M. , and Sorniotti , A. , Electro-Hydraulic Braking System Modelling and Simulation SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3336 2003 10.4271/2003-01-3336
- Trutschel , R. , Analytische und experimentelle Untersuchungen der Mensch-Maschine-Schnittstellen von Pkw-Bremsanlagen Universitätsverlag Ilmenau 2007
- Freitag , G. , Gerlich , M. , Bergmann , D. , Pais , G. and Fischer , B. , Replacement of the Friction Brake by a Wheel Hub Drive 3rd International Munich Chassis Symposium chassi.tech plus Munich, Germany June 21-22 2012
- Sakai , S-I. and Hori , Y. , Advantage of Electric Motor for Anti Skid Control of Electric Vehicle European Power Electronics and Drives Journal 11 4 26 32 2001
- Zhang , J.L. , Yin , C.L. and Zhang , J.W. , Improvement of Drivability and Fuel Economy with a Hybrid Antiskid Braking System in Hybrid Electric Vehicles International Journal of Automotive Technology 11 2 205 213 2010
- Song , C. , Wang , J. and Jin , L. , Study on the Composite ABS Control of Vehicles with Four Electric Wheels Journal of Computers 6 3 618 626 2011
- Ivanov , V. , Shyrokau , B. , Savitski , D. , Orus , J. et al. Design and Testing of ABS for Electric Vehicles with Individually Controlled On-Board Motor Drives SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 7 2 902 913 2014 10.4271/2014-01-9128
- Johansen , T.A. , Petersen , I. , Kalkkuhl , J. and Lüdemann J. Gain-scheduled Wheel Slip Control in Automotive Brake Systems IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 11 6 799 811 2003
- Savitski , D. , Augsburg , K. and Ivanov , V. , Enhancement of Energy Efficiency, Brake Performance and Driving Comfort for All-Wheel Drive Full Electric Vehicles Eurobrake 2014 Conference Lille, France 2014