This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on Integrated Chassis Control Strategy for Four-Wheel Independent Control Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 30, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Four-wheel independent control electric vehicle is a new type of x-by-wire EV with four wheels independent steering and four wheels independent drive/brake systems. In order to take full advantage of the vehicle's performance potential, this paper presents a novel integrated chassis control strategy. In the paper, the strategy is designed by the hierarchical control structure and divided into integrated control layer and allocation layer. By this method, the control logical can be modularized and simplified. In the integrated control layer, Model Prediction Control (MPC) is adopted to design the integrated control unit, which belongs to be a kind of local optimization algorithm with feedback correction features. Using this method could avoid the system performance degradation caused by the control model mismatch. The control allocation layer is to optimally distribute the vehicle control forces to the steering/driving/brake actuators on each wheel. In order to maximize the use of the tire adhesions, the algorithm sets the tire load rate minimized as the control target. Finally, based on the four-wheels-independent vehicle dynamic model, the feasibility of the proposed integrated chassis control strategy is verified under the condition of step steering angle response with two different road adhesion coefficients.
CitationChen, G. and Zhang, D., "Research on Integrated Chassis Control Strategy for Four-Wheel Independent Control Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2290, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2290.
- Huihuan QIAN , TinLun LAM , Weimin LI , Chenggang XIA , Yangsheng XU System and Design of an Omni-directional Vehicle Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics Bangkok, Thailand February 21-26 2009 389 394
- Yang Fuguang Research on Anti-skid and Yaw Stability Control of 4WID/4WIS Electrical Vehicle Sandong University 2010
- Yasui , Y. , Kodama , H. , Momiyama , M. , Kato , H. et al. Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Coordinated With Electric Power Steering (EPS) 2006
- He Junjie , Crolla D A , Levesley M C , Manning W J Coordination of active steering, driving and braking for integrated vehicle dynamics control Proc. IMechE, Part D: J. Automobile, Engineering 2006 1 220 1401 1421
- Bedner , E. and Chen , H. A Supervisory Control to Manage Brakes and Four-Wheel-Steer Systems SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1059 2004 10.4271/2004-01-1059
- Semmler , S. , Rieth , P. , and Linkenbach , S. Global Chassis Control - The Networked Chassis SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1954 2006 10.4271/2006-01-1954
- Rengaraj , C. and Crolla , D. Integrated Chassis Control to Improve Vehicle Handling Dynamics Performance SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0958 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0958
- SAKAI SHIN-ICHIRO , SADO HIDEO , HORI YOICHI Dynamic Driving/Braking Force Distribution in Electric Vechicles with Independently Driven Four Wheels Electrical Engineering in Japan 2002 1 138 79 89