This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Brake Pads Compensation Control Algorithm for Brake Force Distribution
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 30, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A brake pad wear control algorithm used under non-emergency braking conditions is proposed to reduce the difference in brake pad wear between the front and rear axles caused by the difference in brakes and braking force. According to the adhesion state of the pad wear, the control algorithm adjusted the braking force distribution ratio of front and rear wheel that balanced adhesion pad wear value. Computer co-simulations of braking with Trucksim and Matlab/Simulink using vehicle models with equal brake pad wear, greater wear on the front axle and greater wear on the rear axle respectively is performed. The computation simulation results show that meet the brake force distribution system regulatory requirements and total vehicle braking force unchanged.
CitationZheng, H. and Wang, L., "The Brake Pads Compensation Control Algorithm for Brake Force Distribution," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2287, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2287.
- Nakazawa M. , Isobe O. , Takahashi S. et al. Vehicle System Dynamics 1995 24 413 426
- Zong Changfu , Li Wei , Zheng Hongyu Automotive Engineering 2011 33 885 889
- Karthikeyan P , Subramanian S.C. Development and Modeling of an Electropneumatic Brake System Intelligent Vehicles Symposium 2009 858 863
- UN ECE R13 Uniform Provisions Concerning The Approval of Vehicles of Categories M,N and O With Regard to Braking[M] UN ECE 1995 24 413 426
- F U Lep T. , Oberling J. , Palkovics L. Design of redundant brake-by-wire architecture for commercial vehicles based on qualitative reliability approach[J] Journal of KONES Powertrain and Transport 2006 13 1 83 97