This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development and Research on Control Strategy of Advanced Electronic Braking Systems for Commercial Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 30, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Electronic braking system (EBS) of commercial vehicle is developed based on Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), for the purpose of enhancing the braking performance. Based on the previous study, this paper aims at the development and research on the control strategy of advanced electronic braking system for commercial vehicle, which mainly includes braking force distribution and multiple targets control strategy. In the study of braking force distribution control strategy, the mass of vehicle and the axle loads will be calculated dynamically and the braking force of each wheel will be distributed regarding to the axle loads. The braking intention recognition takes the brake pad wear into account when braking uncritically, so it can detect a difference in the pads between the front and the rear axles. The brake assist strategy supports the driver during emergency braking and the braking distance is shortened by the reduction of the braking system response time. In the multiple targets stability control algorithm, a simplified vehicle model, a Kalman filter estimator and an Adaptive Kalman filter estimator of heavy duty vehicles are built, by which the parameters and states can be estimated successfully. A modified Time To Rollover (TTR) warning algorithm based on model forecast is presented. This algorithm can forecast the rollover, shimmy and enfoldment accidents, and give a firm foundation on multiple targets control. The stability control strategy based on Linear Quadratic Regulator (LQR) and Linear Quadratic Gaussian (LQG) allows unknown disturbances exist during running, enhances the system robustness and the anti-noise performance, and is effective in multiple conditions.
In this paper, the hardware-in-loop simulation test rigs is established for the development, experiment, calibration and evaluation of the vehicle dynamic models and simulation systems used in the advanced electronic braking system. The results of the hardware-in-loop simulation tests show that the control strategy in different conditions can achieve the expected results.
|Technical Paper||ABS for Low Price Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Prediction of Heavy Truck Stopping Distance and Vehicle Behavior using Real-time HIL and SIL Simulation|
|Technical Paper||Brake Response Time Measurement for a HIL Vehicle Dynamics Simulator|
CitationZhang, D., Zong, C., Wan, Y., Zheng, H. et al., "Development and Research on Control Strategy of Advanced Electronic Braking Systems for Commercial Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2285, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2285.
- Petersen Erwin , Neuhaus Detlev and Glabe Klaus Vehicle Stability Control for Trucks and Buses International Truck &Bus Meeting &Exposition Indiana Novermber 16-18 1998
- Jie Liu Study on the Control Algorithm of Electronical Controlled Braking System for Commercial Vehicle Master's thesis Jilin University June 2011
- Yang Shengnan , Zong Changfu , Zheng Hongyu A novel control algorithm for electronic braking system based on braking comfort and safety [C] Proceedings of 2012 International Conference on Advanced Vehicle Technologies and Integration 42 46
- Hyun Dongyoon , Langari Reza Modeling to Predict Rollover Threat of Tractor-Semitrailers [J] Vehicle System Dynamics 2003 39 6 401 414
- Cheng . C , Cebon . D Improving roll stability of articulated heavy vehicle using active semi-trailer steering [J] Vehicle System Dynamics 2008 46 Supplement 373 388
- Sampson D. J. M. , Cebon D. Active roll control of single unit heavy road vehicle [J] Vehicle System Dynamics 2003 40 4 229 270
- Zhang , D. , Zong , C. , Yang , S. , and Zhao , W. , Development and Verification of Electronic Braking System ECU Software for Commercial Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2736 2013
- Yuping Guo Design of Braking System for Truck” [D] ChangChun JinLin University 2011
- Wang Ju Analysis and Simulation for Automobile Brake System” [D] NanJing Nanjing University of Science and Technology 2002
- Zhisheng Yu Theory of Automobile” [M] BeiJing China Machine Press 2009
- Huang Yuan , Xiaoyan Peng and Tan Zhen Study and Simulation of Brake Force Distribution Method for Brake-bywire System” [J] computer simulation 2011 28 10 324 327
- Xiaobing Hu and Xiyue Huang Ant algorithms for Optimization and Application” [J] computer simulation 2004 21 5 81 85
- Tianqiang Du , Haibin Li and Wang Kun Application Status of Break Assist System” [J] Automotive Engineer 2011 4 52 55
- Breuer Joerg J , Andreas Faulhaber , Peter Frank et al. Real world safety benefits of brake assistance systems [R] Mercedes Car Group
- Zhang , B. , Zong , C. , Zheng , H. , zhao , H. et al. Research on an AKF Estimator of the Gravity Centre and States of Commercial Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2818 2013
- Yu Zhixin , Zong Changfu , He Lei , Huang Jieyan Anti-Rollover Control Algorithm for Heavy Semi-Trailer Based on LQG Information and Automation (ICIA), 2010 IEEE International Conference
- Li Mai , Chang-fu Zong et. al Simulation and analysis of roll stability for heavy tractor semi-trailer Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition) 2008 38 S2 5 10
- Weiqiang , Z. , Zong , C. , Zheng , H. , Wang , H. et al. Integrated HIL Test and Development System for Pneumatic ABS/EBS ECU of Commercial Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-2031 2012 10.4271/2012-01-2031