This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Digital Manufacturing: The Digital Tapestry
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 16, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Rapid advances in cloud-based computing, robotics and smart sensors, multi-modal modeling and simulation, and advanced production are transforming modern manufacturing. The shift toward smaller runs on custom-designed products favors agile and adaptable workplaces that can compete in the global economy.
This paper and presentation will describe the advances in Digital Manufacturing that provides the backbone to tighten integration and interoperability of design methods interlinked with advanced manufacturing technologies and agile business practices. The digital tapestry that seamlessly connects computer design tools, modeling and simulation, intelligent machines and sensors, additive manufacturing, manufacturing methods, and post-delivery services to shorten the time and cost between idea generation and first successful product-in-hand will be illustrated.
CitationBullen, G., "Digital Manufacturing: The Digital Tapestry," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2267, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2267.
- Jackson , Peter Introduction to Expert Systems 3 Addison Wesley 2 978-0-201-87686-4 1998
- Leondes Cornelius T. 2002 Expert systems: the technology of knowledge management and decision making for the 21st century 1 22 978-0-12-443880-4 2002
- McCorduck , Pamela Machines Who Think 2nd Natick, MA A. K. Peters, Ltd. 1-56881-205-1 2002
- Luger , George F. ; Stubblefield , William A. Artificial Intelligence: Structures and Strategies for Complex Problem Solving 5th The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company, Inc. 978-0-8053-4780-7 2004
- Wang , Yi Combining data mining and Game Theory in manufacturing strategy analysis Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
- Sterman , John D. System Thinking and Modeling for a Complex World. Business Dynamics Irwin/McGraw-Hill 2000
- Meyer , Mary M. & Booker , Jane M. Analyzing Expert Judgment, A Practical Guide Academic Press London 2001