This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
From Virtual Testing to HIL Testing - Towards Seamless Testing
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 16, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
To make the development of complex aircraft systems manageable and economical, tests must be performed as early as possible in the development process. The test goals are already set in advance before the first hardware for the ECUs exists, to be able to make statements about the system functions or possible malfunctions.
This paper describes the requirements on and solutions for test systems for ECUs that arise from these goals. It especially focuses on how a seamless workflow and consistent use of test systems and necessary software tools can be achieved, from the virtual test of ECUs, which exist only as models, up to the test of real hardware. This will be shown in connection with a scalable, fully software-configurable hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) technology.
The paper also covers the seamless use of software tools that are required for HIL testing throughout the different test phases, enabling the reuse of work products throughout the test phases.
CitationHimmler, A., "From Virtual Testing to HIL Testing - Towards Seamless Testing," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2165, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2165.
- Burmester , S. , Lamberg , K. Aktuelle Trends beim automatisierten Steuergerätetest 3rd Simulation und Test in der Funktions- und Softwareentwicklung für die Automobilelektronik Berlin, Germany 2007
- Himmler , A. Modular, Scalable Hardware-in-the-Loop Systems ATZelektronik worldwide 5 2 2012 36 39
- Himmler , A. Hardware-in-the-Loop Technology Enabling Flexible Testing Processes 51st AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition Grapevine (Dallas/Ft. Worth Region), Texas 2013 10.2514/6.2013-816
- Himmler , A. , Allen , J. , and Moudgal , V. Flexible Avionics Testing - From Virtual ECU Testing to HIL Testing SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2242 2013 10.4271/2013-01-2242
- Himmler , A. Openness Requirements for Next Generation Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing Systems AIAA Modeling and Simulation Technologies Conference National Harbor, Maryland 2014 10.2514/6.2014-0636
- Köhl , S. and Jegminat , D. How to Do Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation Right SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1657 2005 10.4271/2005-01-1657
- Müller , B. and Köhl , S. Simulating and Testing In-Vehicle Networks by Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1220 2008 10.4271/2008-01-1220
- Schuette , H. and Waeltermann , P. Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing of Vehicle Dynamics Controllers - A Technical Survey SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1660 2005 10.4271/2005-01-1660