This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
NVH-Development of Electric Powertrains - CAE-Methods and NVH-Criteria
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 30, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: 8th International Styrian Noise, Vibration & Harshness Congress: The European Automotive Noise Conference
Electric cars are getting popular more and more and the expectations of the customers are very challenging. Concerning comfort, the situation is clear: customers want an electric car to be quiet and without any annoying noise from the powertrain.
To develop an electric powertrain with a minimum noise level and minimized whining it is necessary to have an accurate CAE-simulation and precise criteria to assess whining noise. Based on the experience with electric powertrains in research cars the CAE-modelling was improved and a new ‘whining intensity factor’ was acquired for the development of Daimler's electric cars.
The results are a very low noise level and a minimized whining noise, nearly not noticeable giving a comfortable sound to the customers of the smart electric drive and the B-Class Electric Drive.
|Market Research Report||Noise, Vibration and Harshness in Electric Vehicles|
|Journal Article||Optimal Control based Calibration of Rule-Based Energy Management for Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Noise Control during Idle Charging for Hybrid Vehicles|
CitationMeier, C., Lieske, D., and Bikker, S., "NVH-Development of Electric Powertrains - CAE-Methods and NVH-Criteria," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2072, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2072.
- Daimler Brochure Die Elektrifizierung des Antriebes 2010
- Daimler Media Release Mercedes-Benz TecDay E-Drive - From city car to van: the world's most versatile electric fleet Stuttgart 2010
- Meier , Ch. Electric Drive - A Challenge for Interior and Exterior Sound 11. Internationales Stuttgarter Symposium 2011
- Meier , Ch. , Küppers , T. Electric Drive Acoustics - Mercedes-Benz E-Cell and F-Cell Cars 1st International ATZ Conference 2011 Zürich
- Küppers , T. , Mayer , G. , Lieske , D. Geräuschverhalten von Elektrofahrzeugen: Ursachen und Gestaltungsmöglichkeiten 10. Symposium Hybrid- und Elektrofahrzeuge Braunschweig 2013
- Albers , A. , Fischer , J. , Behrendt , M. , Lieske , D. Method for measuring and interpreting the transfer path of acoustic phenomena in the drivetrain of a battery electric vehicle VDI-Berichte 2187, Drivetrain for Vehicles 2013
- Bikker , S. et al. NVH-Herausforderungen moderner Antriebe EDM CAE Forum Stuttgart 2013