This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Braking Force Distribution and Coordinated Control Algorithm for Hybrid Electric Bus based on EBS
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to improve the braking energy recovery and ensure the braking comfort, a new type of regenerative braking coordinated control algorithm is designed in this paper. The hierarchical control theory is used to the regenerative braking control algorithm. First, the front axle braking force and rear axle braking force are distributed. Then the rear axle motor braking force and mechanical braking force are distributed. Finally, the dynamic coordinated control strategy is designed to control pneumatic braking system and motor braking system. Aimed at keeping the fluctuation of the total braking force of friction and the regenerative braking force small during braking modes switch, a coordinated controller was designed to control the pneumatic braking system to compensate the error of the motor braking force. Based on Matlab/Simulink platform, a parallel hybrid electric bus simulation model with electric braking system (EBS) was established. Then the simulation in different operating conditions was used to analyze the braking energy utilization and the braking performance based on the simulation model. Simulation results show that the proposed coordination regenerative braking control algorithm can effectively reduce the vehicle braking force error and improve the vehicle braking comfort. At the same time, the breaking energy recovered by the coordination regenerative braking control algorithm is nearly identical with the energy recovered by the biggest energy recovery control strategy.
CitationHe, R., Zheng, H., and Zong, C., "Braking Force Distribution and Coordinated Control Algorithm for Hybrid Electric Bus based on EBS," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1908, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-1908.
- Gao , Y. , Chen , L. , and Ehsani , M. Investigation of the Effectiveness of Regenerative Braking for EV and HEV SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-2910 1999 10.4271/1999-01-2910
- Gao , Y. and Ehsani , M. Electronic Braking System of EV And HEV-Integration of Regenerative Braking, Automatic Braking Force Control and ABS SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2478 2001 10.4271/2001-01-2478
- Zhang J-Z , Chen X , and Zhang P-J Integrated control of braking energy regeneration and pneumatic anti-lock braking Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 2010 224 587 10.1243/09544070JAUTO1307
- Soga , M. , Shimada , M. , Sakamoto , J. , and Otomo , A. Development of Vehicle Dynamics Management System for Hybrid Vehicles - ECB System for Improved Environmental and Vehicle Dynamic Performance - SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1586 2002 10.4271/2002-01-1586
- Sterkenburg , V. S. , Rietveld , E. , Rieck , F. , Veenhuizen , B. , Bosma , H. Analysis of regenerative braking efficiency-A case study of two electric vehicles operating in the Rotterdam area IEEE 2011
- Zhang , T.H. Study on the Coordinated Control Algorithm of Braking Force for HEV Bus College of Automotive Engineering, Jilin University 2011 11 37
- Liu , H. , He , X. , Chu , L. , Tian , J. Study on Control Strategy of Regenerative Braking for Electric Bus based on Braking Comfort IEEE International Conference on Electronic & Engineering and Information Technology 2011 1037 1040
- Sangtarash , F. , Esfahanian , V. , Nehzati , H. , Haddadi , S. et al. Effect of Different Regenerative Braking Strategies on Braking Performance and Fuel Economy in a Hybrid Electric Bus Employing CRUISE Vehicle Simulation SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 1 1 828 837 2008 10.4271/2008-01-1561
- Peng , D. , Zhang Y. , Yin C-L. , Zhang J-Y. Combined control of a regenerative braking and anti-lock braking system for hybrid electric vehicle[J] International Journal of Automotive Technology December 2008 9 6 749 757