This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis and Modeling of Transmission Efficiency of Vehicle Driveline
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work analyzes the transmission efficiency of vehicle driveline including the gearbox, universal transmission and differential. Based on the structure of transmission, mathematic models are built to analyze transmission's characteristics. However, an experiment reveals the limitation of this method. Then, the paper statistically analyzes the experimental data and mainly analyzes the influencing factors. Then Neural Network is used to build the efficiency model. A method called “filling data and gradually extrapolating” is used when building neural network model. Finally, the neural network model is used in the simulation of fuel consumption. The conclusion is Neural Network model can imitate the transmission efficiency of vehicle driveline efficiently, but its internal structure is not clear so other modeling methods are needed to be found.
|Technical Paper||Multi-Performance Optimization of the Shift Schedule for Stepped Automatic Transmissions|
|Technical Paper||Math-Based Modeling and Parametric Sensitivity Analysis of Torque Converter Performance Characteristics|
CitationZhang, W. and Guo, X., "Analysis and Modeling of Transmission Efficiency of Vehicle Driveline," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1779, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-1779.
- Jianchu Yao , Yibao Chen , Ji Zhou , Jun Yu Study On A Method for Calculating Gearing Meshing Efficiency Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 2001 37 11 18 27
- Changenet C. , Velex P. A Model for the Prediction of Churning Losses in Geared Transmissions-Preliminary Results Journal of Mechanical Design 2007 129 128 133
- Harris T A Rolling bearing analysis New Jork John Wiley and Sons 1984 378 383
- Miroslawl S. Model of energy losses in a gearbox Modelling, Simulation and control 1995 59 1 5
- Canpei Xia Calculation of Kinematics and Stress Analysis of Universal Coupling Diesel Iocomotive 1980 5 4 22
- Ying Zhu Comparative Research about the Calculating Methods of the Efficiency of a Bevel Gearbox Machine Tool & Hydraulics 2005 5 63 83
- Benesty J , Chen J D , Huang Y T Onthei mportance of the Pearsoncorrelation coefficient in noise reduction IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech & Language Processing 2008
- Hagan Martin T , Demuth Howard B , Beale Mark H Neural Network Design Beijing Machinery Industry Press 2002
- Guo , Q. and Liu , B. Simulation and Physical Measurement of Seamless Passenger Airbag Door Deployment SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0082 2012 10.4271/2012-01-0082
- Kunkel , S. , Zimmer , T. , and Wachtmeister , G. Friction Analysis of Oil Control Rings during Running-In SAE Int. J. Engines 5 3 747 758 2012 10.4271/2011-01-2428
- Morgan , R. , Scullion , P. , Nix , L. , Kan , C. et al. Injury Risk Investigation of the Small, Rear-seat Occupant in Side Impact SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst 5 1 61 75 2012 10.4271/2012-01-0092
- Kimura , Y. and Murakami , M. Analysis of Piston Friction - Effects of Cylinder Bore Temperature Distribution and Oil Temperature SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr 5 1 1 6 2011 10.4271/2011-01-1746
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice Laboratory Measurement of the Composite Vibration Damping Properties of Materials on a Supporting Steel Bar SAE Standard J1637 Aug. 2007