This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Sensitivity Analysis on a Synchronization Mechanism for Manual Transmission Gearbox
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the dynamic and analysis models of a typical synchronizer, which are mainly used to analyze the sensitivity of parameters of synchronizer on the gear shift performance. Because there are so many parameters namely coefficient of friction, cone angle, mean radius, blocker angle, etc, affected the synchronizer performance, which the times of experience will increase in a geometrical ratio if tested them one by one, it is almost impossible to evaluate all parameters by experience alone. Due to virtual prototype technology, the synchronizer parameterized virtual models can be built for the synchronizer studies. The parameterized virtual models of the typical synchronizers are developed with ADAMS. Then the gear shift process is simulated and analyzed for the given input parameters respectively. The models also predict the shift time and the peak of the shift force, and the model is validated by the good correlation between simulation results and test data. Finally, this paper discusses the influence of the main parameters of synchronizer on the gear shift performance. The models can be used for the platform of the synchronizer studies, and the results of the analysis can also be used as a reference for the synchronizer design.
|Technical Paper||Double Indexing Synchronizer - To Amplify the Synchronizer Capacity|
|Technical Paper||Simulation of Gear Shift Force Curve and Shift Rail Ramp Profile|
|Technical Paper||Gear Shift Fork Stiffness Optimisation|
CitationLi, J., Luo, F., Luo, Y., Zhang, Y. et al., "Sensitivity Analysis on a Synchronization Mechanism for Manual Transmission Gearbox," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1768, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-1768.
- Kim , J. , Sung , D. , Seok , C. , Kim , *. et al. Development of Shift Feeling Simulator for a Manual Transmission SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2202 2002 10.4271/2002-01-2202
- Sandooja , A. Double Indexing Synchronizer - To Amplify the Synchronizer Capacity SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-2003 2012 10.4271/2012-01-2003
- Sharma , M. and Savla , J. Shift System Inertia Mass Optimization Techniques to Minimize Double Bump for Manual Transmission SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1999 2012 10.4271/2012-01-1999
- Sandooja , A. and Kunal , R. Automotive Synchronizer with Asymetric Toothing SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0724 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0724
- Hoshino , H. Analysis on Synchronization Mechanism of Transmission SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0734 1999 10.4271/1999-01-0734
- Krishnan , S. Gear Shift Quality Benchmarking for Manual Transmissions SAE Technical Paper 990041 1999 10.4271/990041
- Liu , Y.C. , and Tseng , C.H. Simulation and analysis of synchronisation and engagement on manual transmission gearbox International Journal of Vehicle Design 43 1-4 200 220 2007 10.1504/IJVD.2007.012304