This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulations of Drag Torque in Multi-Plate Wet Clutch Affecting Synchronizers in a TC+AMT Transmission
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Drag torque in multi-plate wet clutch consumes engine energy, but also has significant affect on synchronization process during shifting. The mathematical models of drag torque and shift synchronization process were established, and the results carried out by Matlab/Simulink simulation were compared with experiment results as well. It is demonstrated that the models are correct and accurate. The influences of friction pair gap in multi-plate wet clutch, cooling oil flow and properties of cooling oil under different temperature etc. on drag torque, shift synchronization time and energy were analyzed. The conclusions have certain guiding significance to the multi-plate wet clutch theoretical study and structural design as well as transmission system matching.
CitationSun, S., Lei, Y., and Li, X., "Simulations of Drag Torque in Multi-Plate Wet Clutch Affecting Synchronizers in a TC+AMT Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1714, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-1714.
- Yu-long Lei, Pei-de Sheng, An-lin Ge, Ting-hui Hu. Hydro-mechanical automatic shifting system: China, 200820071758.4[P].2009-01-21.
- Chao Wu, Zhi-qi Du, Ji-yuan LI. Contrast and Analysis Shift Quality of Off-road Vehicle TC+AMT and AMT Auto shift System [J]. Vehicle & Power Technology. 2007, 107(03):55-59.
- Hu J. B., Peng Z. X., Wei C. Experimental Research on Drag Torque for Single-plate Wet Clutch [J]. Transactions of the ASME, JOURNAL OF TRIBOLOGY, 2012, 134, 1:1-6.
- Yuan S. H., Guo K., Peng Z. X. Study on Aeration for Disengaged Wet Clutches Using a Two-Phase Flow Model [J]. Transactions of the ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, 2010, Vol. 132, No, 11: 111304.1-111304.6.
- Hu J. B., Peng Z. X., Yuan S. H. Drag Torque Prediction Model for the Wet Clutches [J]. Chinese journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2009, 22(2): 238-243.
- Zhi-gang Zhang, Xiao-jun Zhou, Yong-jun Li, Lu Shen, Fu-chun Yang. Drag torque prediction model of wet multi-disk shifting clutch[J]. Journal of Zhejiang University (Engineering Science). 2011, 45(4): 708-713.
- Qing-dong Yan, Hong-cai Li. Study on drag torque of wet multi-disc brake [J]. Machinery. 2001, 28(6):73-75.
- Kitabayashi, H., Yu Li, C., Hiraki, H. Analysis o- f the various factors affecting d rag torque in multiple plate wet clutches. JSAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1973 (2003).
- Xiao-lin Guo, Ming-hou Xin, Wei Sun, De-min Chen, Dong-min Wu, Gan Chen. Research on drag torque characteristics and application of DCT[J]. Chinese Hydraulics & Pneumatics. 2011, (3):92-95.
- Yu an, Y., Liu, E., Hill, J., Zou, Q. An improved hydrodynamic model for open wet transmission clutches. J. Fluids Eng.129, 333-337 (2007).
- Razzacki, S. and Hottenstein, J., “Synchronizer Design and Development for Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT),” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0114, 2007, doi:10.4271/2007-01-0114.
- Socin, R. and Walters, L., “Manual Transmission Synchronizers,” SAE Technical Paper 680008, 1968, doi:10.4271/680008.
- Shuai Zhou. The Modeling and Simulation of Synchronizer for Manual Transmission [D].Wu Han: Wuhan University of Technology, 2011.