This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Testing of SCR-Systems on HD-Vehicles-TeVeNO x
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The selective catalytic reduction SCR is extensively used for NOx reduction of recent HD-vehicles.
There are some manufacturers and some applications of SCR as retrofit systems (mostly for the low emission zones LEZ and in combination with a DPF).
In charge of Swiss authorities AFHB investigated several SCR-systems, or (DPF+SCR)-systems on HD-vehicles and proposed a simplified quality test procedure of those systems. This procedure can especially be useful for the admission of retrofit systems but it can also be helpful for the quality check of OEM-systems.
The project name was TeVeNOx - Testing of Vehicles with NOx reduction systems.
In the present paper the test procedures will be described and some specific results will be discussed.
As general conclusions it can be stated:
- The foundations for the quality verification procedures of SCR-systems are established,
- The SCR-systems are not active at lower temperatures < 200°C,
- SCR-testing on vehicle has more importance than DPF testing on vehicle and is a simple & low-cost tool for quality check,
- The overall average NOx reduction rate depends on the operating profile of the vehicle - for low-load, for cold operation and for interrupted operation (HEV) there are lower NOx reduction efficiencies.
CitationCzerwinski, J., Zimmerli, Y., Mayer, A., Heeb, N. et al., "Testing of SCR-Systems on HD-Vehicles-TeVeNOx," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1569, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-1569.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Jacob , E. ; Müller , R. ; Scheeder , A. ; Cartus , T. ; Dreisbach , R. ; Mai , H.-P. ; Paulus , M. ; Spengler , J. High Performance SCR Catalyst System: Elements to Guarantee the Lowest Emissions of NOx 27. Internationales Wiener Motorensymposium 2006
- Cartus , T. ; Schüssler , M. ; Herrmuth , H. ; Giovanella , M. SCR and DPF - From Concept to Production. Mastering Complex, Mutli-Dimensional Challenges 28. Intern. Wiener Motorensymposium 2007
- Pischinger , S. , Körfer , T. , Wiartalla , A. , Schnitzler , J. et al. Combined Particulate Matter and NOx Aftertreatment Systems for Stringent Emission Standards SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1128 2007 10.4271/2007-01-1128
- Hosoya , M. , Kawada , Y. , Sato , S. , and Shimoda , M. The Study of NOx and PM Reduction Using Urea Selective Catalytic Reduction System for Heavy Duty Diesel Engine SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1576 2007 10.4271/2007-01-1576
- Lopez , M. HDD On- & Off-Road SCR Systems - Euro 6/Stage IV and Beyond International CTI Conference “SCR Systems” Munich D July 2012
- Folic , M. Combined Systems Relying on SCR for Efficient DeNOx : Results and Prospects International CTI Conference “SCR Systems>” Munich D July 2012
- Robb , L. ; Görsmann , C. Retrofit SCRT System with Optimised Secondary Emissions International CTI Conference “SCR Systems” Munich D July 2012
- Müller-Hass , K. ; Holz , O. High-Performance SCR Technology with Ultra-Low NOx Emissions for Future Regulations International CTI Conference “Emission Reduction for Off-Highway Applications” Lindau D Sept. 2012
- Larsen , L. Ch. Development of a Future Complete Exhaust System Solution including a SCR-F based on High Porous Silicon Carbide Filter Substrates International CTI Conference “Emission Reduction for Off-Highway Applications” Lindau D Sept. 2012
- Zimmermann , F. P. SCR Technologies in Comparison: A detailed Investigation of the Influence of Feed Gas Composition on NOx Conversion Comparing Three Series SCR Technologies 3. VDI-Fachkonferenz “Abgasnachbehandlungssysteme 2012” Stuttgart D Dec. 2012
- Balenovic , M. Stretching the Challenge for SCR Based Aftertreatment Systems 3. VDI-Fachkonferenz “Abgasnachbehandlungssysteme 2012” Stuttgart D Dec. 2012
- Görsmann , C. ; Rawson , S ; Robb , L. ; Taylor , M. Retrofit- SCRT®-System with Minimised Sekondary Emissions (NH 3 , NO 2 , N 2 O) 10th FAD Conference Dresden Nov. 2012
- Czerwinski , J. , Zimmerli , Y. , Mayer , A. , Heeb , N. et al. Testing of Combined DPF+SCR Systems for HD-retrofitting - VERTdePN SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0284 2009 10.4271/2009-01-0284